1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

This village has so much history! In 1953, an earthquake destroyed this village and the residents were crippled with social and economic problems because of it. However, a wealthy ship owner, Vergotis Giorgos, who grew up in Kourkoumelata, rebuilt the village to turn things around. Look how beautiful it is

Kefalonia-768x512.jpeg

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

This village is stunning! I would love to visit one day

Are there many earthquakes in Kefalonia?

Does anyone know if there are more earthquakes on certain islands than others? I would love to visit Kefalonia but I have a huge fear of earthquakes!! Which places should I avoid?

Are most of the tavernas open in Argostoli?

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

What should I NOT do in Kefalonia?

Did anyone have any negative experiences that could help me out in understanding what I should avoid while visiting Kefalonia?? I know there's so many positives about the island, but I find it helpful to see the good and the bad :)

Which port is best to rent a boat: Sami or Poros?

I'm thinking of renting a boat to travel around the island and the nearby waters. Which port is it best to leave from? Does it make a difference?

Does anyone know if Mount Ainos is open?

I know that it was closed because of some fires but I'm not sure if its open again. Does anyone know?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter