1 - 9 of 9 Posts

ssherie_

What’s a tasty greek shrimp dish? I’m looking for something that’s a crowd pleaser for a small get together this weekend.

I would toss the shrimp in a ladolemono (Greek oil and lemon dressing) and then either grill them or sauté them. Here's a recipe for the grilled version. https://www.greekboston.com/food/shrimp-kabobs-recipe/

I want to add that you shouldn't marinate it more than an hour because the acid from the lemon will cook the shrimp. One hour is perfect, though.

Reactions: greek_ggirl
The best shrimp dish i’ve come across is shrimp youvetsi. It’s shrimp in a red sauce with orzo, I love it! This is a recipe I found on google: https://www.kalofagas.ca/2015/03/21/shrimp-giouvetsi-γαρίδες-γιουβέτσι/

Reactions: cubrinj
I love doing a classic and simple seafood pasta with some fresh tomato sauce. So tasty :)

shrimp.jpg

Reactions: Markros
Shrimp saganaki with feta, tomatoes and small Greek chilli peppers is a great appetizer. In my own version I use leftovers (if any) on linguini pasta and fresh parsley on top of it.

Reactions: greggd12
What’s a tasty greek shrimp dish? I’m looking for something that’s a crowd pleaser for a small get together this weekend.
I do agree with prawn pasta , orzoto etc. But let’s not forget the absolutely delicious “saganaki”with ouzo , white wine,fresh roasted tomato sauce , star anise, oregano, parsley etc gratin with feta cheese! Absolutely delicious.

Reactions: greggd12
I do agree with prawn pasta , orzoto etc. But let’s not forget the absolutely delicious “saganaki”with ouzo , white wine,fresh roasted tomato sauce , star anise, oregano, parsley etc gratin with feta cheese! Absolutely delicious.
Ughhhh I LOVE shrimp saganki

Enjoying Cooking with Greek Honey

One of the things I love most about Greek honey is its versatility. You can use it in so many different ways in the kitchen. I've drizzled it over Greek yogurt for breakfast, mixed it into salad dressings for a touch of sweetness, and even used it as a glaze for roasted vegetables. The depth of flavor it adds to dishes is truly remarkable.

But perhaps my favorite way to use Greek honey is in baking. It adds a wonderful depth of flavor to cakes, cookies, and pastries. I recently made a batch of baklava using Greek honey, and it was a game-changer. The honey soaked into the layers of phyllo dough, creating a sweet and sticky treat that was absolutely irresistible.

I go out of my way to buy it - if I can't find it locally, I get it online. When I go to Greece, I get some in Greece, too.

What do you love to use Greek honey for?

greek-honey.jpg

How to learn about different regional cuisines in Greece?

I have learned so much about Greek cuisine by being on this forum! I know that there are standard recipes that everyone seems to cook.

For example, you can get souvlaki all over. Everyone seems to serve a village salad with slight variations. Most regions seem to make moussaka. There are tons of others.

I have also noticed that each region has their own specialties. How do you go about learning about them?

greek-salad.jpg

Best meze to serve at Easter?

What is the best Greek meze to serve for Greek Easter? I want dishes that will wow my guests and make this Easter unforgettable. I’m looking for meze that are both traditional and have that ‘wow’ factor in terms of visual appeal and taste. I’d appreciate if you could share your favorites and perhaps some personal tips or recipes that make them stand out.

Here’s what I’m considering so far, but I’d love your input:
  • Tzatziki - A refreshing yogurt, cucumber, and garlic dip.
  • Spanakopita - Hearty spinach and feta pie encased in flaky pastry.
  • Dolmadakia (Stuffed Grape Leaves) - A tangy and herb-infused delight.
  • Feta cheese. A classic - I sometimes drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano.
  • Olives. No meze spread is complete without olives.
What else should I put out? Or is that enough? We're having about 20 people.

Mediterranean Diet Tied to Lower Blood Pressure, Greek Study Shows!

Greek grilling advice and tips?

It's getting warm out and time to break out the grill! I am interested in how do Greek people in Greece grill? I've had so many delicious grilled foods in Greece, I am having a hard time getting the same flavors here in the United States.

I've tried my hand at a few recipes, aiming to capture that authentic taste, but I feel like there's a deeper level of technique and tradition that I'm just not hitting. From choosing the right ingredients to mastering the grill itself, I know there’s a wealth of subtleties that can turn a good dish into a great one.

Do they use certain marinades or techniques? I've watched people in Greece grill - they don't even really follow recipes.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back