1 - 3 of 3 Posts

redsoxdw_

I am making a list of Archaeological museums to visit in Greece so that I can start visiting some of them. In my research, it occurred to me that many of the good ones are associated with archaeological sites. I realized I should visit those, as well. Here is a list of some top places I know I should visit. Please let me know if I missed anything:

- Delphi - is there a museum here?
- Olympia (for the site of the Olympic Games)
- Knossos Palace - and from what I understand the Heraklion Archaeological Museum houses a lot of the artifacts.
- Acropolis/ Parthenon - I have been here before, but the museum that is on site wasn't there at the time - and I figure I may as well visit again.
- Marathon - is there anything here? I know there's a lot of history
- Delos - I have seen pictures - it looks fascinating

I feel like I am missing a lot, but maybe this is a good start at least.

k_tsoukalas

This is a fantastic list - I can't think of anything else except maybe visiting the ancient theater in Epidavros? I haven't done many of these things either, so I am going to save the list.

redsoxdw_

Thank you! I am putting Epidavros on the list. Appreciate you chiming in.

Share You Santorini Photos...

I would love to see your Santorini photos. I want to visit but am hesitant because of what I have head about the crowds. I would love to visit this church, too!

santorini-greece.jpg

Greece wins "Best Tourism Destination for 2023" title at Grand Travel Awards!

Which island group is your favourite?

What to do in Kythira?

I am trying to find some interesting places in Greece to visit. I see that Kythira is close to the Peloponnese, and I am intrigued and might want to visit. I am trying to figure out some things to do there so I can determine how long to stay. Here are some possibilities, but please chime in with suggestions:

* Visit some of the galleries on the island. I heard there are a lot of artists here?
* Go to the beach - I hear there are some gorgeous beaches.
* Would love to visit museums, archaeological sites, that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Best Greek Destinations from Athens by Ferry?

Once I arrive in Athens, I won't want to take a flight again until it is time to leave Greece. But, I would love to travel around.

What are the best places to visit in Greece from Athens (Piraeus) but Ferry? I know there are some day trips from Athens (Hydra, Aegina, Kea) but what about some other places? Also, did I miss any other day trips?

I mean, more like islands to visit. I know I can always drive around when I am on the mainland.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube