1 - 10 of 10 Posts

nadellii

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)

Reactions: Hash and nadellii
Great question!

Here are some of the best museums to visit in Santorini:

Enjoy Santorini and thanks for the question!
Thank you so much!!! This is super helpful

Reactions: Hash
not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Visit the maritime museum in Oia only if you are interested in seafaring.
The historic museums in Fira are all worth visiting in my opinion.

not sure about museums. But we did a great day tour of the island. We went to an archaeological site, a village with very laneways built to keep the pirates away, a winery, best views and ended with sunset at Oi. This was our first time in Santorini. Who knows if we'll ever get there again.
Now that you mention it, some villages are so historical that they are just like museums!

When you are interested in archeology, go visit Akrotiri. I like it a lot, but if you are not into archeological sites you will just see piles of stones.
When you are travelling with children the Atlantis experience is a nice one to visit.
Yes I totally agree that Akrotiri is worth a visit

I would love to do a quick tour of a museum or any historical sites! Has anyone been to any good ones? Thanks :)
Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!

Reactions: redsoxdw_
Been to the museum of prehistoric Thira yesterday in Fira. They have made an extra floor with the wallpaintings of Akrotiri. I liked it a lot!
This site is historical as well. The museum was built at the old Ypapanti Church which was destroyed in the 1956 Amorgos earthquake

There are some great museums in Santorini. I love the Maritime Museum in Oia. It is small, but interesting.

Best places for photographs in Santorini?

I am going to Santorini again this year and I am on the lookout breathtaking photo spots in Santorini, and we need your insights! Help us pinpoint the ultimate locations for capturing the island's charm.

What are your favorite places to take photos? I have a few photos snapped of the Oia sunset from other trips. For this trip, I want to capture some different things, and maybe even some slice of life moments.

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Looking for Museums and Galleries to Visit on Santorini

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and am keen on immersing myself in the local art scene and history. Santorini is renowned not only for its breathtaking sunsets and stunning landscapes but also for its rich cultural tapestry. I aim to soak up as much of this cultural richness as possible during my visit.

In preparation for this adventure, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for recommendations on must-visit museums and art galleries on the island. I'm interested in both well-known spots and hidden gems that capture the essence of Santorini's history, art, and culture.

Additionally, if anyone has insights on the best times to visit these spots to avoid crowds or to participate in any special events or exhibits, that would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and recommendations. I look forward to exploring Santorini’s cultural treasures and creating unforgettable memories on this trip!

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back