1 - 5 of 5 Posts

francescool

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)
I have no idea, but I would love to know the answer this question for the next time I go to Santorini.

The answer is yes. There are some hotels that would allow you to use their swimming pool. The price for that most of the times is that you have a minimum consumption on food and drinks per sun bed or per umbrella.
What part of Santorini are you looking to stay in?

Reactions: cubrinj
Why would you need pools when you’re in a country with beautiful beaches?

Reactions: cubrinj

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Staying in Pyrgos?

Thank you to your advice, I am looking into staying in Pyrgos or other inland place that is slightly "off the beaten track" in Santorini to minimize some of the frustration of being in the crowds. We will be traveling during peak season.

Does anyone have an advice as to where to stay? As mentioned in a previous post, my wife is pushing for a Caldera hotel - but they're so expensive and we're traveling with the whole family. If I can find a compelling hotel that is more inland, it might work out for us to stay there. It doesn't have to be Pyrgos - but something similar would be good...

pyrgos-santorini.jpg

Dealing with the crowded sunset on Oia

I tried to see the sunset on Oia - I was only there for a day. It was sooo crowded it was nuts.

I do want to give Santorini another chance but I need help finding a different sunset spot. I ended up watching the sunset by a dumpster - and it felt good enough.

I just don't know what to do - there was NO WAY I was going to be able to see it in Oia with how many people there were.

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Worth it to visit Imerovigli?

I am trying to gather information for my next trip to Greece. We are spending a few nights in Santorini. I've stayed in Oia in the past, but I want to do something different. Is Imerovigli a good option?

Here is some information I have gathered about it:

It's a small and peaceful village located on the northwest coast of Santorini, almost halfway between the bustling towns of Fira and Oia. This makes it a perfect spot for those who want to enjoy the island's beauty without the crowds (so I have been told).

When it comes to accommodations, Imerovigli has some of the most luxurious and unique hotels in Santorini. Many of them are built into the cliffs. I drove through this village last time I was on Santorini and thought the hotels looked nice)

There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes in Imerovigli to enjoy authentic Greek cuisine and drinks. Some of the most highly-rated restaurants include Anogi, Avocado, and La Maison. And if you want to relax and unwind, you can head to one of the many spas in Imerovigli that offer massages, Jacuzzis, and other treatments.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back