1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cubrinj

I honestly don't mind a few pebbles :) Check out this pic

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.07.18 PM.png

Thanks for sharing!

Many people don't mind rocks and others need to have powder like sand! :)

Many of the beaches in Greece have these pebbles. It looks great!

Religious Sites to See on Corfu

There are a lot of churches and monasteries in Corfu and when I visit, I won't have a lot of time. What should be my priorities?

I am intrigued by the relics of Saint Spyridon but am having trouble finding where they are on the island. Is it simply called, the Shrine of Saint Spyridon?

I would love to visit some other churches and monasteries if possible. Any information you have will be good!

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.

Achillon Palace Information

When I was asking for advice on how many days to spend on Corfu someone mentioned to see the Achilon Palace. So I thought I'd gather information about it.

Located in Corfu, Greece, Achillon Palace is a fascinating monument that attracts a large number of tourists every year. This beautiful palace is perched on a hilltop overlooking the stunning Ionian Sea. The palace was once the residence of Empress Elizabeth of Austria, who was captivated by the natural beauty and elegance of the island and decided to build a palace there in the 1800s. Today, the palace is a popular tourist attraction that is renowned for its stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and breathtaking views. In this blog, we'll explore everything you need to know about the Achillon Palace in Corfu.

Achillon Palace is a historical monument that was built in the late 19th century by Empress Elizabeth of Austria. This stunning palace was designed by a famous Italian architect, Raffaele Caritto. The architecture of the palace is inspired by ancient Greek mythology with stunning neoclassical features and mythological sculptures. The interior of the palace features elegant furniture, beautiful chandeliers, and stunning paintings on the ceilings and walls.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back