1 - 8 of 8 Posts

acamp7

This is just something to be aware of when traveling to Greece and this may surprise you if youre not from Europe. Some beaches in Greece are nude, and when visiting a non-nude beach, you might see some women topless. This is not as popular is it used to be in Greece. I have noticed less and less women going topless but it still happens. It is not considered rude in Greece to do, especially in front of small children. If you don't feel comfortable, just politely move away or go to another beach!

Reactions: Vangelis
I did notice that I see fewer people sunning themselves topless at a nude beach. Many of the people I do see who are topless were tourists from other European countries. It can certainly be a shock the first time you stumble upon a nude beach!

When I first went to Mykonos I found a nude beach by accident and wasn't used to it.

Reactions: nadellii
The same thing happened to me, I was pretty shocked.
Do you remember which beach?
I lived there for many years....we were used to this as a way of life, not a big deal really, one would be surprised how many Greek people were using these beaches, even at the end of my local beach in Kalo Livadi.....All good fun!!😂😂.. Kalley Mera!

Last edited:
Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
I lived there for many years....we were used to this as a way of life, not a big deal really, one would be surprised how many Greek people were using these beaches, even at the end of my local beach in Kalo Livadi.....All good fun!!😂😂.. Kalley Mera!
Im definitely not used to this way of life!! Ahahaha

It was Super Paradise, which I realized later isn't an official nude beach, but it was crazy that day.

Reactions: greek_ggirl
It was Super Paradise, which I realized later isn't an official nude beach, but it was crazy that day.
I will keep that in mind to avoid going with my nephews ahaha

When does tourist season end in Greece?

I am planning my next Greek trip.

I want to go in October but the people I am traveling with - we won't be able to to go until mid-October.

I have been to Crete that late in the year and to Athens, but not anywhere else. On our schedule is to visit some of the smaller islands, like Hydra.

Do places like that shut down? My main concern is, will the tourist shops be closed? I love to browse through them and it's part of my enjoyment.

Greek Islands Food Tour?

I am a foodie and I love to cook. Does anyone know of any food tour situations that I can do in the islands, or maybe island hopping?

I am in the midst of planning an exciting adventure to Greece and am particularly interested in experiencing the country through its cuisine. I've heard that island hopping offers not just stunning views but also a taste of local flavors that differ from island to island.

With so many beautiful islands, from the renowned Santorini to the charming Skopelos, I'm looking for recommendations on food tours or culinary experiences that are part of island hopping packages. Any recommendations you may have would be great!

Taking a culinary tour of Greece

I would like to take a tour or create my own itinerary to do nothing but visit Greece to eat all the food. I want to go to some unique and memorable destinations. For many reasons, both Ikaria and Crete are on my list. I will have maybe two weeks in Greece so I truly don't have the itinerary fleshes out. Or if anyone can recommend a tour company, that would be good too.

Some questions:

Best Time to Visit: What's the ideal time of year for such a tour, considering weather, food seasons, and avoiding peak tourist crowds?
Must-Visit Places: Besides the obvious choices like Athens and Santorini, are there any off-the-beaten-path locations that are a foodie's dream?
Local Experiences: Are there particular cooking classes, food markets, or local farms that offer a deeper dive into Greek cuisine and its preparation?
Travel Tips: Any logistical tips for traveling within Greece that might make moving from one culinary destination to another smoother?

Thanks in advance!

Canyoning Bled Slovenia

Hi guys!!
I'm planning to take a group canyoning Bled but apparently, it is obligatory to use a local guide. I am a canyon instructor (caf and ffme), is this enough to supervise without anyone else? I have several years of experience (climbing and canyoning) and it is obvious that I will not be able to offer this destination if it is not possible.
Thanks in advance

Pack List for Trip to Greece in Spring

I have a trip to Greece planned in the spring. Mainly, I want advice on the weather. In the meantime, I made my best guess and came up with a list. Anything to add or subtract?

Clothing
  • A light rain jacket or windbreaker: For the inevitable April showers
  • A couple of long-sleeve shirts: For those cooler mornings
  • A lightweight sweater: For layering when temperature changes
  • A pair of comfortable pants: Think breathable fabrics like cotton, and a pair of jeans.
  • Shorts and a sundress: For warmer afternoons
  • Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be exploring villages and ancient ruins, so cushioned soles are a must.
Accessories
  • A versatile scarf: Can double as a shawl on cooler evenings
  • A wide-brimmed hat: For sun protection
  • Sunglasses and sunscreen: Essential for beach days
  • Reusable water bottle: To stay hydrated without contributing more waste
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back