1 - 9 of 9 Posts

francescool

Snow has struck Greece! This is a rare but beautiful occurrence (I'm sure its not as beautiful for the residents who aren't prepared with shovels). These pictures are stunning, I have no words! I wish to visit Greece during the winter very soon but I can't seem to avoid spending my entire summer at the beach in Greece! Has anyone visited Greece during the winter? What is it like, I would love to hear everyones experience :)

Snow has struck Greece! This is a rare but beautiful occurrence (I'm sure its not as beautiful for the residents who aren't prepared with shovels). These pictures are stunning, I have no words! I wish to visit Greece during the winter very soon but I can't seem to avoid spending my entire summer at the beach in Greece! Has anyone visited Greece during the winter? What is it like, I would love to hear everyones experience :)

That is crazy to see! As someone who lives in Boston, MA I would expect to see that here, but snow in Mykonos is just not natural! LOL! 🇬🇷 🇬🇷 🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash
Screenshot_2022-01-24-16-45-46-273_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-25-14-48-34-881_com.viber.voip.jpg
My friends gorgeous adopted young one with her sister playing in snow outside her home!Screenshot_2022-01-25-14-48-27-351_com.viber.voip.jpg

IMG-fd27caaa0afdb3c2c319ae4af542ad09-V.jpg

• Love
Reactions: greek_ggirl
Woooooow, this is insane! Thanks for posting Hash!

Here is a video of the beaches 😲😲😲

Reactions: dimi_pat
I definitely don't associate snow in Greece. I go to Greece for the sunshine LOL - so crazy to see snow on the streets of Greece. Even though I know it can happen, it throws me off a bit when I see it.

Reactions: Hash

Pack List for Trip to Greece in Spring

I have a trip to Greece planned in the spring. Mainly, I want advice on the weather. In the meantime, I made my best guess and came up with a list. Anything to add or subtract?

Clothing
  • A light rain jacket or windbreaker: For the inevitable April showers
  • A couple of long-sleeve shirts: For those cooler mornings
  • A lightweight sweater: For layering when temperature changes
  • A pair of comfortable pants: Think breathable fabrics like cotton, and a pair of jeans.
  • Shorts and a sundress: For warmer afternoons
  • Comfortable walking shoes: You’ll be exploring villages and ancient ruins, so cushioned soles are a must.
Accessories
  • A versatile scarf: Can double as a shawl on cooler evenings
  • A wide-brimmed hat: For sun protection
  • Sunglasses and sunscreen: Essential for beach days
  • Reusable water bottle: To stay hydrated without contributing more waste

Greek Islands Food Tour?

I am a foodie and I love to cook. Does anyone know of any food tour situations that I can do in the islands, or maybe island hopping?

I am in the midst of planning an exciting adventure to Greece and am particularly interested in experiencing the country through its cuisine. I've heard that island hopping offers not just stunning views but also a taste of local flavors that differ from island to island.

With so many beautiful islands, from the renowned Santorini to the charming Skopelos, I'm looking for recommendations on food tours or culinary experiences that are part of island hopping packages. Any recommendations you may have would be great!

Cycladic Islands in Greece 'Threatened by Surge in Tourism!

Canyoning Bled Slovenia

Hi guys!!
I'm planning to take a group canyoning Bled but apparently, it is obligatory to use a local guide. I am a canyon instructor (caf and ffme), is this enough to supervise without anyone else? I have several years of experience (climbing and canyoning) and it is obvious that I will not be able to offer this destination if it is not possible.
Thanks in advance

Question about scuba diving in Greece

I'm currently planning a trip to Greece, a destination that has long been on my bucket list, not just for its history and cuisine, but especially for the scuba diving experiences it offers. I've heard that Greece boasts some incredible underwater landscapes, from vibrant marine life to fascinating wrecks.

Given the vastness of Greece's coastline, I thought I would try to see the country in a different way.

Let's say I want to go scuba diving in a particular island. How do I go about doing it?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back