1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nm1999

This is one of Greece's best historical time piece films. The story follows a love between a Christian boy and a Jewish girl during the Nazi occupation in Greece. The story of occupation is not widely known around the world, but it is something very near and dear to Greek peoples hearts. It was a very dark time during Greece history, and the effects of the occupation were very strong, especially on the countries Jewish and Roma population. Let me know if you like this film.

Reactions: Vangelis

Vangelis

I saw this film in the cinemas when it was released. It is a beautiful film.

Reactions: Nala and nm1999

nm1999

I saw this film in the cinemas when it was released. It is a beautiful film.
Agree. Where did it air? In Greece or in international theatres as well? I only watched it online.

Vangelis

Agree. Where did it air? In Greece or in international theatres as well? I only watched it online.
I saw it in Melbourne, Australia. It may have been part of the Greek Film Festival here, I can't remember. I'm sure they would have shown it in Greece but I don't know.

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

I saw it in Melbourne, Australia. It may have been part of the Greek Film Festival here, I can't remember. I'm sure they would have shown it in Greece but I don't know.
One of the best film festivals that you can go to to watch Greek movies!

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

Thanks for sharing. I need to make it a point to watch more Greek films than I do.

Could the Parthenon marbles be returned to Greece?

There is finally some hope in the constant and ongoing battle to return the person on marbles from the United Kingdom to Greece. A new chairman has declared that there is a deal to be done in terms of the marbles. Many are very hopeful that this might be pointing to a potential return, but others have given up hope in this battle. personally, this is something that I would love to see. There are so many artifacts from around the world that are stolen and still being housed in museums in the United Kingdom. The right thing should be done, and the marbles should be returned, as should every other stolen artifact.

Life Aboard Onassis' Legendary Yacht 'Christina .

I don't know where it is appropriate to post this....I think it is best here as it is past and little gossipy.....
Be interesting what others think of it .... Christina O was always moored behind our house in Kalafatis beach @Kalo Livadi nearly all summer....on charter and private use.....

Did you know that dozens of ancient theaters are still operating in Greece?

Theater was a huge part of the ancient Greek civilization, and it's still important in modern Greece today. Greeks loves theater, and you were always see flyers for different shows going on. Many of these are presented in ancient amphitheatres that were built thousands of years ago. If you're in Greece, I really recommend that you check one out. There are even plays for young children.

Here is a list of showings around Greece: https://parallaximag.gr/theatro

You can use a google translate browser add on to translate the page.
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter