1 - 1 of 1 Posts

blopez34

Does anyone have insight on who is father was? Aphrodite is considered to be Priapus’s mother, but there is controversy as to who his father was. Was it Zeus? Pan? Adonis? Dionysus? Most do credit Dionysus, but there is a case for each of them.

The myth of medusa explained!

I found this cool video that explains a bit about the story of Medusa which is my favorite story in Greek mythology! I feel that she is so misunderstood and seen as an evil character when in reality she's one of the most powerful characters who is just cursed.

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy

Some of the best places to visit in Greece if you love Greek mythology!

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!

What are the most popular Greek mythology stories?

Im looking to get more into Greek mythology....what are the most popular stories and what do you recommend reading? I wanna start off with something that will suck me in! Ive heard so much about Greek Myths but I never actually read any of them properly.

List of the best Ancient Greek and Greek mythology books!

These are some of the most popular Greek mythology books! I haven't read all of these, so please don't take my word for it completely but feel free to take a read and leave your reviews in the forum! The first two are ancient classics and the last two are modern takes by non-Greek writers. I think reading an array of Ancient Greek books will give you the most rich understand of the history and mythology.

1. Iliad (of course!)
2. The Odyssey
3. Circe by Madeline Miller
4. Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter