1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

This is what you will expect from the climate in Corfu during the summer months! Great weather

June​

• Temperature: 61.5° F (16.4° C) – 82.4° F (28° C)
• Precipitation: 14.1 mm
• Climate: 4.9 days of rain on average, 324.2 hours of sunshine, water temperature 69.8° C (21° C), warm/hot, muggy, 95% clear
• Humidity: 63.4%

July​

• Temperature: 65.1° F (18.4° C) – 87.6° F (30.9° C)
• Precipitation: 9.2 mm
• Climate: 2.3 days of rain on average, 364.5 hours of sunshine, water temperature 73.4° F (23° C), hot, muggy, 95% clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 60%

August​

• Temperature: 65.8° F (18.8° C) – 88.3° F (31.3° C)
• Precipitation: 19 mm
• Climate: 3.4 days of rain on average, 332.8 hours of sunshine. Water temperature 75.2° F (24° C), hot, 57% muggy, clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 62.2%

Thanks so much for sharing this very useful information!! 🇬🇷

This will definitely come in handy for those who want to travel to Corfu. I always look at the weather conditions before I travel somewhere as I am packing. I have missed the mark sometimes, and I end up shopping when I arrive. I've actually sent clothes back home via post to make room in my suitcase. I love shopping, so I wasn't too upset. But still, I wish I was more prepared.

Religious Sites to See on Corfu

There are a lot of churches and monasteries in Corfu and when I visit, I won't have a lot of time. What should be my priorities?

I am intrigued by the relics of Saint Spyridon but am having trouble finding where they are on the island. Is it simply called, the Shrine of Saint Spyridon?

I would love to visit some other churches and monasteries if possible. Any information you have will be good!

Unesco World Heritage Sites of Corfu

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and I'm keen on visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located there. Being a bit of a history buff, I believe that exploring these sites can give me a deeper understanding of the island's cultural heritage and historical significance.

Could anyone here share more information about the UNESCO site on Corfu? Is there only one? The Corfu Old Town? What should I prioritize to see in Old Town?

Thanks!

Three Days or So in Corfu?

I was thinking of visiting Corfu over summer of 2024 and I am not sure how many days to stay. I was thinking that three days is a good amount, and that will enable me to visit other places in Greece (and other people - I have friends and family to visit).

Anyway 3 or 4 days really is ideal. But now, what to do? I have been watching a lot of content - there is some great travel content on YouTube and people love to visit Greece. Anyway, here is a great video:

Visiting Corfu off the Beaten Track?

I'm currently planning my itinerary for a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu, and while I've got all the major sights on my list, I'm particularly interested in those special "off the beaten path" spots that only the locals know about or seasoned travelers have stumbled upon.

I'm looking to explore the less commercialized areas, serene beaches, quaint villages, or any unique cultural spots that offer an authentic experience beyond the typical tourist attractions.

Does anyone have any personal favorites or undiscovered spots in Corfu they'd be willing to share? I'd love to hear about hidden beaches, local eateries or tavernas, and lesser-known trails or sights worth visiting.

What other islands are near Corfu?

I've heard that slands like Paxos, Antipaxos, and Erikoussa, might be close to Corfu but I'm curious to learn more from you guys. What are these islands like? Are they easily accessible from Corfu? What unique attractions, beaches, or cultural experiences do they offer? If these islands aren't close, can you think of ones that are?

I want to island hop a bit this summer, and I am trying to decide if Corfu is a good home base or if I should consider another island.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back