1 - 12 of 12 Posts

redsoxdw_

This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas!

This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas! https://news.gtp.gr/2021/11/10/rca-awards-greece-ranks-second-best-tourism-destination-europe-2021/
It is a Reader's Choice Award!... not to be taken seriously at all....Greece won the best European Destination Award at the World Travel Market in London.... This is where it matters!🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷❤️❤️
https://www.tornosnews.gr/en/tornos...p-tourist-destination-for-europe-in-2021.html

Reactions: Vangelis
This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas!
Congratulations to Greece! Readers Choice types of awards are so subjective. Do you happen to know who came in first? Which organization took the poll?

Reactions: Hash
Congratulations to Greece! Readers Choice types of awards are so subjective. Do you happen to know who came in first? Which organization took the poll?
Thats true...these things are subjective but whenever I agree with them, I always think "Yeah its so true" LOL

There is a saying in English language.... read it with a pinch of salt!😂😂😂😂.....
It is so irrelevant, nothing to worry about and the readers were all from USA,so it says.... Greece is a Premier Global Destination now..a Tourism Industry to be reckoned with....and unlikely to be easily challenged, except if Spain returns to its glory days,then it is an entirely different matter altogether!..

Reactions: francescool
There is a saying in English language.... read it with a pinch of salt!😂😂😂😂.....
It is so irrelevant, nothing to worry about and the readers were all from USA,so it says.... Greece is a Premier Global Destination now..a Tourism Industry to be reckoned with....and unlikely to be easily challenged, except if Spain returns to its glory days,then it is an entirely different matter altogether!..
When was Spain in its glory days? Im not too familiar with their tourism

In 2018, Spain recorded a total of 425.4 million domestic trips, of which 139.9 million were overnight (+1.1% compared to 2017) and 285.5 million were day visitors (+1.9% from 2017).
Spain is one of the most visited countries in the world, with its number of international visitors amounting to nearly 84 million in 2019.Feb 11, 2564 BE
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic led to an annual drop of over 70 percent in the number of international tourists and excursionists in Spain in 2020. In comparison to 2000, the 36.5 million foreign visitors recorded in 2020 represented a decline of more than 50 percent.
You can do your own research if you are interested further!

Last edited:
In 2018, Spain recorded a total of 425.4 million domestic trips, of which 139.9 million were overnight (+1.1% compared to 2017) and 285.5 million were day visitors (+1.9% from 2017). You can do your own research if you are interested further!
Spain's glory days, when they won the euro and then the world cup, it will be awhile again till the glory days are back

Spain's glory days, when they won the euro and then the world cup, it will be awhile again till the glory days are back
Covid has been extremely unkind to them, lockdown after lockdown after lockdown, such a huge country to manage with so many Tourism Destinations....A Tourism force to reckon with....way too professional!..

Covid has been extremely unkind to them, lockdown after lockdown after lockdown, such a huge country to manage with so many Tourism Destinations....A Tourism force to reckon with....way too professional!..
Covid?? What's that?

Covid?? What's that?
😂😂.... You have a sense of humour!!.... very much needed these days...... You should see the Tourism Industry here in Thailand as I write.... Ground zero and standing still and going nowhere for a few years down the road...

I agree! Greece is the best place to visit - not just in Europe, but in the world!!!

Parnassos Ski Resort in Greece

Believe it or not, I find skiing in Greece to be pleasant. I know Greece isn't thought to have a climate good enough for skiing, but it's good enough. I have to go to Greece soon, and this is one of my favorite places to ski:

The resort offers outstanding skiing opportunities for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced skiers. With over 40 kilometers of marked ski slopes, Parnassos Ski Resort is equipped with the newest and most advanced skiing equipment to ensure that customers enjoy an unforgettable experience.

There is also a place to stay here, which is nice, plus activities other than skiing to please the family.

Visit the Cyclades Islands - Information and Tips?

I am thinking of visiting some of the Cyclades islands this summer. I've, of course, already done Santorini and Mykonos. I want to do something a bit different.

I am thinking of the following:

- Tinos
- Naxos
- Milos
- Paros

I have some questions:

- When is the best time to visit? I am thinking of going in September.
- Should I ferry hop? That's probably the best way, right?
- How do I figure out where to stay? I love Airbnb - is that an option in Greece?

Thanks in advance!

Canyoning Bled Slovenia

Hi guys!!
I'm planning to take a group canyoning Bled but apparently, it is obligatory to use a local guide. I am a canyon instructor (caf and ffme), is this enough to supervise without anyone else? I have several years of experience (climbing and canyoning) and it is obvious that I will not be able to offer this destination if it is not possible.
Thanks in advance

Itinerary for self-planned yacht trip through the Greek islands

I am working on planning a yacht trip through Greece. I live it because I am in total control of the itinerary and what goes on, unlike booking a cruise or something. There's enough of us in the group to make this a super affordable trip.

I am developing am itinerary - thought I'd run it by you:

1. Athens to Mykonos: Begin in the historic port of Athens and make your way to the cosmopolitan island of Mykonos. Dock at Agios Ioannis beach and take a stroll through Little Venice.
  2. Mykonos to Naxos: Naxos awaits, with its marble gateway to nowhere and beautiful beaches. Try the local kitron liqueur for a true taste of the island.
  3. Santorini: Sail to the iconic island of Santorini, where the sunset from Oia is second to none. Enjoy a swim in the hot springs of Palea Kameni and taste some of the best wines in Greece.
  4. Ios to Folegandros: Keep the vibes high in Ios known for its lively atmosphere, then find tranquility in Folegandros, where the untouched Mediterranean prevails.
  5. Return to Athens: Wrap up your adventure with a pitstop in Syros, the capital of the Cyclades. Its charm lies in its austere yet handsome neoclassical buildings and the stunning Aegean views.

What do you think? Anything to add or subtract? I have about 10 days.

yacht-greece.jpg

Last-minute travel tips in Greece

I love to travel to Greece and I do so whenever I can. There's an art to it, though, and I am never really going into it "blind". It's a good idea to start by thinking generally about where you might want to go.

Athens is usually the starting point for most travelers, with its iconic Acropolis offering panoramic views and a history lesson all in one spot. If you're a beach lover, head towards the Cyclades for stunning beaches and the classic, postcard-worthy Santorini sunsets. Or, if it's history you're after, the ruins of Delphi or the ancient city of Mycenae will surely captivate you.

Then, we need to figure out how to get where we want to go. For island hopping, the ferries are an experience in themselves – though if you're time-strapped, consider a local flight to get you to the major islands quickly. On the mainland, a mix of car rentals and public transport can be efficient and economical, especially when visiting sites off the tourist map. Keep an eye on the schedules and book in advance if possible to save time.

Sometimes I rent a car, to be honest it's the easiest for me.

The rest of the details tend to sort themselves out. For example, you can book your lodging as you go along, especially off-peak.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back