1 - 11 of 11 Posts

redsoxdw_

This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas!

Hash

This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas! https://news.gtp.gr/2021/11/10/rca-awards-greece-ranks-second-best-tourism-destination-europe-2021/
It is a Reader's Choice Award!... not to be taken seriously at all....Greece won the best European Destination Award at the World Travel Market in London.... This is where it matters!🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷❤️❤️
https://www.tornosnews.gr/en/tornos...p-tourist-destination-for-europe-in-2021.html

Reactions: Vangelis

ladytina

This just came out! But I say, why second? In my eyes Greece is for sure the best destination across Europe. It has everything you could ask for: good food, history, beaches and culture! That's why I love it so much :) Zito Hellas!
Congratulations to Greece! Readers Choice types of awards are so subjective. Do you happen to know who came in first? Which organization took the poll?

Reactions: Hash

seleanor

Congratulations to Greece! Readers Choice types of awards are so subjective. Do you happen to know who came in first? Which organization took the poll?
Thats true...these things are subjective but whenever I agree with them, I always think "Yeah its so true" LOL

Hash

There is a saying in English language.... read it with a pinch of salt!😂😂😂😂.....
It is so irrelevant, nothing to worry about and the readers were all from USA,so it says.... Greece is a Premier Global Destination now..a Tourism Industry to be reckoned with....and unlikely to be easily challenged, except if Spain returns to its glory days,then it is an entirely different matter altogether!..

Reactions: francescool

francescool

There is a saying in English language.... read it with a pinch of salt!😂😂😂😂.....
It is so irrelevant, nothing to worry about and the readers were all from USA,so it says.... Greece is a Premier Global Destination now..a Tourism Industry to be reckoned with....and unlikely to be easily challenged, except if Spain returns to its glory days,then it is an entirely different matter altogether!..
When was Spain in its glory days? Im not too familiar with their tourism

Hash

In 2018, Spain recorded a total of 425.4 million domestic trips, of which 139.9 million were overnight (+1.1% compared to 2017) and 285.5 million were day visitors (+1.9% from 2017).
Spain is one of the most visited countries in the world, with its number of international visitors amounting to nearly 84 million in 2019.Feb 11, 2564 BE
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic led to an annual drop of over 70 percent in the number of international tourists and excursionists in Spain in 2020. In comparison to 2000, the 36.5 million foreign visitors recorded in 2020 represented a decline of more than 50 percent.
You can do your own research if you are interested further!

Last edited:
In 2018, Spain recorded a total of 425.4 million domestic trips, of which 139.9 million were overnight (+1.1% compared to 2017) and 285.5 million were day visitors (+1.9% from 2017). You can do your own research if you are interested further!
Spain's glory days, when they won the euro and then the world cup, it will be awhile again till the glory days are back

Hash

Spain's glory days, when they won the euro and then the world cup, it will be awhile again till the glory days are back
Covid has been extremely unkind to them, lockdown after lockdown after lockdown, such a huge country to manage with so many Tourism Destinations....A Tourism force to reckon with....way too professional!..

Covid has been extremely unkind to them, lockdown after lockdown after lockdown, such a huge country to manage with so many Tourism Destinations....A Tourism force to reckon with....way too professional!..
Covid?? What's that?

Hash

Covid?? What's that?
😂😂.... You have a sense of humour!!.... very much needed these days...... You should see the Tourism Industry here in Thailand as I write.... Ground zero and standing still and going nowhere for a few years down the road...

Tickets to Greece are very cheap at the moment for flights before Christmas!

I was browsing for flights to Greece, as I always do, and they're super cheap right before Christmas! I'm thinking of traveling Dec 6-20 because everyone at my company takes their vacation from Dec 23-Jan 2 so there's basically no work to do anyways!! Is anyone thinking of hopping on these deals?

Greece was voted the second best tourist destination in Europe!

Does anyone have advice for shipwreck beach?

This is what shipwreck beach looks like for anyone wondering. I want to go so bad!!! Ive been admiring pictures for a long time now :) Does anyone have advice for how to get to the beach etc.?

blue-caves-zakynthos-720x539.jpg

Athens vs Thessaloniki, which Greek city do you prefer?

Im biased but I have to say Athens because of the historical sites (even though its way dirtier and more crowded)!

Taking cash to Greece

Hello
I tried to google it however I am not sure if the information has changed due to Brexit or not so Thought I'd ask here

My sister is visiting me in the UK , she will be travelling back to Greece soon. I wanted to give her cash for her and her family for Christmas however I am not sure how much cash can she actually carry or what is the limit that needs to be declared at customs.

In case it matters, she does not have Greek nationality.

Thank you
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter