1 - 3 of 3 Posts

toniiv

I often have “guy’s night” at my house. Usually we watch sports or a loud movie that our significant others don’t have any interest in seeing. I like to serve food, but we usually do takeout. I thought I would actually have some food ready for the guys when they come. I need help on options:

• Wings (with Greek-style marinade)
  • Souvlaki
  • Greek fries
  • Will probably roast some vegetables on the grill while I have it running
What do you think? I usually do the wings in the air fryer.

I often have “guy’s night” at my house. Usually we watch sports or a loud movie that our significant others don’t have any interest in seeing. I like to serve food, but we usually do takeout. I thought I would actually have some food ready for the guys when they come. I need help on options:

• Wings (with Greek-style marinade)
  • Souvlaki
  • Greek fries
  • Will probably roast some vegetables on the grill while I have it running
What do you think? I usually do the wings in the air fryer.
On your next guy's night, I think this sounds good! I like the idea of servings wings. Also consider serving a dip - how about the spicy feta dip to go with everything? Also, fries are a classic. Consider making baked nachos with melted cheese, but using Greek ingredients instead.

Omg all of the ideas are so yummy. I would also add greek locanico (sausage) which you can find at a greek store or even some supermarkets. Also since you are on the grill you can throw on some pork shoulder steaks. They cooked amazingly and they are very tender. Cut them up in smaller pieces before grilling and when done drizzle them with lemon oil oregano sauce.

Current food trends in Greece?

I understand that Greece is just like other countries where there might be food trends, new dishes, etc to enjoy.

I'm looking to understand more about the latest trends that are currently shaping it. I'm particularly interested in how traditional Greek recipes are being reimagined by modern chefs, how regional variations are gaining popularity, or if there's a rise in any particular ingredients or cooking methods.

Is anyone here keeping tabs on contemporary movements in Greek food? Maybe you've dined at a restaurant that surprised you with a modern twist on a Greek classic, or you've come across new food blogs with innovative recipes.

The cuisine of Greece is as much about the traditional recipes we all love as it is the trends and the way the cuisine moves forward!

What do you think of Gyro variations?

There are some gyro shops near me in the United States and they seem to be putting a different spin on the classic dish. There are some variations. What do you guys think of the variations?

I don't recall seeing these variations in Greece, but I could be wrong. Variations such as - gyros made with different meats, like chicken, those made with Greek meatballs, souvlaki, etc.

And what do you think of putting fries in Gyros? I do see that in Greece.

Different kinds of baklava to try?

I've recently found myself on a delicious quest to explore the world of baklava, that rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with honey or syrup. I understand that baklava has roots in many culinary traditions across the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia, each bringing its own unique twist to this iconic dessert.

From what I’ve gathered, the variations of baklava are as numerous as they are delicious, differing in nuts, spices, types of syrup, and preparation methods. However, navigating through these variations is quite the challenge, and that’s where I’m seeking your collective wisdom!

I am curious what you guys think!

Mediterranean Diet Tied to Lower Blood Pressure, Greek Study Shows!

Making traditional loukaniko question

I’m on a culinary quest to master the art of making Loukaniko, the traditional Greek sausage that tantalizes taste buds with its savory blend of spices and herbs. I understand that each region and even each family might have their own special recipe passed down through generations.

Which leads me to my ask - could anyone who’s familiar with Greek cuisine share insights about the most common seasonings used in Loukaniko? I'm especially interested in any mix of spices that gives it that characteristic flavor profile.

I’ve done some preliminary research, but I’m looking for that firsthand knowledge. What's the blend that makes your Loukaniko stand out? Are there any particular secrets to perfect the authentic taste?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back