1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dubai_suzie

Lakones was a sanctuary for Odysseus during a shipwreck according to the Odyssey. Now it is a beautiful place for travelers to visit and check out the culture of Corfu. Here are some links where you can browse what to do in this little village

Reactions: dpappas87

dpappas87

Lakones was a sanctuary for Odysseus during a shipwreck according to the Odyssey. Now it is a beautiful place for travelers to visit and check out the culture of Corfu. Here are some links where you can browse what to do in this little village

I love visiting little villages like this. I've heard there aren't many tourists there either

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great list!!! Here is another good resource of things to consider doing while staying in Lakones, Corfu:

k_tsoukalas

I have never been here - thanks for sharing all the information!

Best ice cream spot in Sidari, Corfu!!

The best is Kelly's Ice House for sure! Its an ice cream place, they also offer other foods, such as pancakes, to enjoy. You might want to eat your food sitting on one of the tables outside so you can fully enjoy the beautiful weather!

Corfus weather during the summer months

This is what you will expect from the climate in Corfu during the summer months! Great weather

June​

• Temperature: 61.5° F (16.4° C) – 82.4° F (28° C)
• Precipitation: 14.1 mm
• Climate: 4.9 days of rain on average, 324.2 hours of sunshine, water temperature 69.8° C (21° C), warm/hot, muggy, 95% clear
• Humidity: 63.4%

July​

• Temperature: 65.1° F (18.4° C) – 87.6° F (30.9° C)
• Precipitation: 9.2 mm
• Climate: 2.3 days of rain on average, 364.5 hours of sunshine, water temperature 73.4° F (23° C), hot, muggy, 95% clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 60%

August​

• Temperature: 65.8° F (18.8° C) – 88.3° F (31.3° C)
• Precipitation: 19 mm
• Climate: 3.4 days of rain on average, 332.8 hours of sunshine. Water temperature 75.2° F (24° C), hot, 57% muggy, clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 62.2%

My hiking trip in Corfu

I took a lovely hiking trip in Corfu this summer!! One of the least admired things about Greece is their hiking, you can find great trails if you do enough research, trust me! This trail is called the Corfu trail

Corfu-Trail-720x480.jpg

Horseback riding in Corfu!

This is from a trip we took a while back!! We got to take the horses up and round the mountain. I miss vacations like these
7329190E-4605-4DF5-9389-DED265C457A6.jpeg

Did you know about Corfus traditional carnival?

The carnival in Corfu happens on the three Sundays leading up to Lent. The holiday starts on the Sunday of the Prodigal Son, which will be Sunday, February 20 in 2022! Start making your travel plans now! You can check out the carnival in Corfu City in either Liston or Spianada squares. Locals walk around in aristocratic costumes and there are great games for kids!! I highly recommend checking out!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter