1 - 7 of 7 Posts

greggd12

hey guys. do you have tips on traveling to Santorini but avoiding the swarm of tourist? my niece showed me a video that she took on one of the cliffs while she was filming the sunset and I have never seen so many tourists in my entire life. I would love to visit, but is there anyway to enjoy some peace and quiet while on the island?

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Timing! Try going on an off peak time of year or end of the travel season (September is a great time to go, warm weather and warm ocean water still!)

IMG_6612-e1566590515374-720x960.jpeg

vkarag

September is the time...

It all depends on what you are looking for in a trip. If it's picture taking and seeing the sites I highly recommend May. It's beautiful, the weather is warm but not unbearable and you can even swim that time of year!

redsoxdw_

when I went to Santorini, my friends and I decided to go on the offbeat and path and focus more on authentic experiences and being in nature. It might not what you classically envision for a Santorini vacation, but when you talk to enough locals, they will point you in the right direction. one of my favorite memories was renting ATVs and going to a secluded beach with some wine from the supermarket. good times

knicks_fan87

My favorite way to avoid tourists is to get an Airbnb and ask the host what they recommend, the locals always know best!

Last edited:
Reactions: nickstamoulis

paharo45

From what I've heard, it has become such a popular destination especially in the last few years so it’s going to be difficult to avoid the tourists. The best advice I would be able to give you is to get a hotel that isn't in the town center, they're usually cheaper anyways, and you can have some peace and quiet when you get back to the hotel.

Reactions: nickstamoulis

How can I avoid the swarm of tourists in Santorini?

hey guys. do you have tips on traveling to Santorini but avoiding the swarm of tourist? my niece showed me a video that she took on one of the cliffs while she was filming the sunset and I have never seen so many tourists in my entire life. I would love to visit, but is there anyway to enjoy some peace and quiet while on the island?

Drop your Santorini sunset pics!

I would love to see your Santorini pics!! Drop them in this thread :) I'll go first

Santorini-Sunset-720x480.jpg

How to get from Athens to Santorini?

What is the best way to travel from Athens to Santorini? Boat? Plane? Or something in between?

Pictures of beautiful Santorini sidestreets

I would love to see your original pictures of the little "koutoukakia" or sidestreets in Santorini

santorini sidestreets.jpeg

Santorini advice anyone? Should we hit the beaches or the town?

Hey, does anyone have any advice about what to do in Santorini? My wife is more of a beach type of girl, but I really like hitting the town and getting to know the locals (and seeing the architecture like in this pic). What do you all recommend for Santorini?

santorini1.png

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter