1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

I don't remember from my limited Greek mythology knowledge, can someone help me out?

greek_ggirl

I found this online:

Deianira (Hercules' wife) eventually became jealous of his young maiden whom she thought had captured Hercules interest. She decided that this was the perfect time to use the centaur’s blood to woo Hercules back into her arms. What she didn’t realize is that the centaur’s blood was actually poisonous to Hercules. They both realized far too late what had actually happened. Hercules was in so much agony after he took the potion that he wished he were dead.

Hercules eventually died and after he did, his mortal portion perished. Zeus took his “god” half back to Olympus where he made amends with Hera. Hercules stayed in Mount Olympus from then on and then married Hebe, Hera’s daughter.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember from my limited Greek mythology knowledge, can someone help me out?

Here is a bit more information about how Hercules died:

Who was Horkos in Greek mythology?

Horkos' mother was Eris (goddess of strife) and no one knows who his father is. He is most famously known in the story of Aesop's fables where a man borrows money from someone but has no intention of paying it back. The story best displays the importance of earths in Greek mythology and I'll keeping your word was one of the most important things in the ancient Greek judicial system. Horkos means oath in Greek.

horkos-720x826.jpg

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

Some of the best places to visit in Greece if you love Greek mythology!

-Mount Olympus of course! You can hike to the top and see the excellent view
-The Parthenon! Tickets are pretty affordable and its one of the best sights in Athens. Just don't go when its super hot and sunny
-Delos Island! Delos is a Greek island and archaeological site in the Aegean Sea's Cyclades archipelago, near Mykonos
-Ithaca Island! Ithaca is the setting of one of the most famous myths of ancient Greece, the Odyssey.

Happy traveling!

Hades is the Greek video game inspired by Greek mythology

Hades is a popular video game released few years back that is inspired by Greek mythology. In Greek mythology, Hades himself is the god of the underworld which is similar to hell in biblical stories. The Olympians were very scared of Hades which is why the video game creators chose Hades as the main character of the game. I suggest that all of my video game and Greek mythology lovers check out this game!

Spanish archeologists might have found the lost temple of Hercules

In December, at the Andalusian Institute of Historical Heritage’s Underwater Archaeology Center (CAS), Spanish archeologists found huge ruins that might be the lost temple of Hercules which archeologists all over the world have been hunting for. It was built by the Phoenicians before common era, and has been lost ever since. I'm so excited that this discovery has been made and I hope that it is recovered and shown in the museum soon!
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter