1 - 2 of 2 Posts

knicks_fan87

Beets are super healthy!!!! According to web md, beets are rich in folate (vitamin B9) which helps cells grow and function. Folate plays a key role in controlling damage to blood vessels, which can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. This is how you make Greek beet salad: add beets, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar to a mixing bowl and toss to coat. Add mint, parsley, salt, and pepper and toss gently until the rest of the ingredients are combined. Serve immediately.

Pantzaria-Salata-720x540.jpg

k_tsoukalas

This is a great salad and one that I have only had a handful of times. Beets are common in Greece when they're in season, and that is when this salad starts appearing at Greek dinner tables.

How to choose a fresh fish at the fish market!

Choosing a fresh fish is going to be key for your dish and for your health. I don't usually go to the fish market when I'm home, but when I'm on vacation, and especially in Greece, I love going to the market to get fresh fish from local fishermen. If you don't know how to pick fresh fish, here is a great tutorial on how!

What is the best Greek dish to bring to a potluck?

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter