1 - 8 of 8 Posts

seleanor

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?
Prices at most of the popular Greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, etc.) tend to be expensive in tourist areas. Islands in general tend to have higher prices on everything due to everything having to be shipped into an island.

Since whether pricing is expensive is subjective, I would recommend pricing things out like accommodations first, this generally will give you an idea of costs, but again more popular Greek islands during peak travel season, will be more expensive than off peak times.

Hope this helps and good luck planning your trip to Kefalonia!

To me, about the same as most islands besides the well known very touristy islands, like Mykonos, Santorini etc...
Lots of nice tavernas every where you go but don't expect to find 5 star Hotels. Of course everything is more expensive summer months then again who wants to go there in winter.

Reactions: nm1999
To me, about the same as most islands besides the well known very touristy islands, like Mykonos, Santorini etc...
Lots of nice tavernas every where you go but don't expect to find 5 star Hotels. Of course everything is more expensive summer months then again who wants to go there in winter.
Agreed, perhaps September/October might be a bit more affordable if its convenient for you to take vacation then

From what I understand, it is about the same. A larger island like Kefalonia I think may be slightly less expensive than Santorini because in Kefalonia, they grow a lot more of their own food, etc, so not as much needs top be shipped over. But, it all depends on demands placed on the island by the tourist season.

Reactions: redsoxdw_
Always there is special deals
Do you have any specific hotel recommendations?
Just teĺl me the days you want and the area in Kefalonia

Traveling to Kefalonia in the Summer

Now that the holidays are behind me, I am starting to think about traveling to Greece in 2023. I want to visit a place I never have before, and I am thinking that Kefalonia might be a great place to explore. I would like to be on the island during when the sea turtles are on the beaches laying there eggs - I always loved wildlife and it seems fascinating. How long in the season? It is maybe a month? If so, would it make sense to visit in June?

So, I want to go to Greece in the summer so I can spend a lot of time on the beach. I know, I can go throughout the summer and into at least the early fall and still have great beach weather, but June works out the best for my schedule and I love taking a vacation around that time.

Besides the turtles and beaches, what else do you guys recommend?

What to do in Kefalonia with family?

I'm currently planning a family trip to the stunning island of Kefalonia and would love your insights. We're a large family and we're all going. My sister has two kids - one is 12 and the other is 9. We are also traveling with my parents.

From our initial research, we know that Kefalonia boasts beautiful beaches, fascinating caves, and picturesque villages. However, we want to ensure our trip is as memorable for our children as it is for us.

Could anyone recommend:
  • Family-friendly beaches with shallow waters and fun activities?
  • Cultural or historical sites that are engaging for children?
  • Places to see wildlife or participate in outdoor adventures suitable for young ones?
  • Any local eateries that are great for families, perhaps with play areas or menus catered to kids?
We're also open to any tips on getting around the island with children, as we're debating between renting a car or relying on public transport.

Thanks!

Good Kefalonia Beaches for Late Summer?

I am headed to Kefalonia in late summer - August/September. I am wondering which beaches are best this time of year? I heard that these beaches were good - Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach, and Skala Beach. Are any of these good at that time of year?

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?

Did I Miss Turtle Season?

I have always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia. They come to the beach to lay eggs or something once a year or so, right? Did I miss it?

I Might have to wait until next year to do this. Does anyone have an advice?

I was originally planning to go n September, but I think if that is the case, I would have missed it?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back