1 - 4 of 4 Posts

seleanor

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?
Prices at most of the popular Greek islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, etc.) tend to be expensive in tourist areas. Islands in general tend to have higher prices on everything due to everything having to be shipped into an island.

Since whether pricing is expensive is subjective, I would recommend pricing things out like accommodations first, this generally will give you an idea of costs, but again more popular Greek islands during peak travel season, will be more expensive than off peak times.

Hope this helps and good luck planning your trip to Kefalonia!

Jerry s

To me, about the same as most islands besides the well known very touristy islands, like Mykonos, Santorini etc...
Lots of nice tavernas every where you go but don't expect to find 5 star Hotels. Of course everything is more expensive summer months then again who wants to go there in winter.

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

To me, about the same as most islands besides the well known very touristy islands, like Mykonos, Santorini etc...
Lots of nice tavernas every where you go but don't expect to find 5 star Hotels. Of course everything is more expensive summer months then again who wants to go there in winter.
Agreed, perhaps September/October might be a bit more affordable if its convenient for you to take vacation then

Which port is best to rent a boat: Sami or Poros?

I'm thinking of renting a boat to travel around the island and the nearby waters. Which port is it best to leave from? Does it make a difference?

The Iakovatios library and museum in Kefalonia

This museum and library has so much history. I would love to hear personal reviews if anyone has been. It is housed in an old mansion that was owned by the Typaldi-Iakovatios family. It is one of those places that survived after the massive earthquake that hit the island. However, it did sustain some damage during it. The mansion was restored in 1984 and is now home to a vast collection of books (around 20,000) and other collectibles.

Are most of the tavernas open in Argostoli?

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter