1 - 3 of 3 Posts

cf_fraiser

Hi guys, is the Benaki museum worth the trip? I’m backpacking through Europe on a budget, and I’m trying to see what the most “bang for your buck” places are.

Vangelis

If you like Byzantine and more modern Greek history, then yes otherwise the National Archaeological Museum and the Acropolis Museum are far better for ancient artefacts.

Katerina

Hi guys, is the Benaki museum worth the trip? I’m backpacking through Europe on a budget, and I’m trying to see what the most “bang for your buck” places are.
It depends what you like seeing in museums. It’s a very well respected, reputable museum with very well researched exhibitions. One of the best in Greece in modern art and other contemporary themes. There are two Benaki museums, check them out and visit the cafe on the very central one! The one in Pireos str is not open every day due to financial problems. Check opening days before you go!

Pictures of downtown Athens

I love downtown Athens!! Drop your pics below :)

vouli.jpg

What is shopping at the Athens laiki (farmers market) like?

I've always wanted to visit an authentic Greek farmers market (this is a pic of the one I go to in Toronto, I love it!). Are there any good ones in downtown Athens? If so, where are they and do you have any tips?

farmers market.jpg

Best places in Athens for history buffs?

My Greek husband LOVES history and we’re putting together an itinerary for our trip to Athens, any tips? He loves ancient history and modern history, so it doesn’t need to be about mythology and architecture (I know Athens is really popular for that).

Athens tips for explorers and outdoorsy types?

What are some of the best places to visit in Athens for outdoorsy types? My girlfriends is a rock climber and she loves to explore, but I don’t know too much about Athens besides visiting historical sites.

Best places in Athens for a shopaholic?

I have to admit, i’m a shopaholic and I want to spend a bit of time exploring the stores and fashion of Greece by shopping! Any advice?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter