1 - 4 of 4 Posts

blopez34

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is a GREAT point to mention!

I always try to have at least 2 plugs for each device (including adapters and a EU travel power strip). The worst case thing to happen is you get to a small Greek island, you run out of battery on your phone and then can't find (or the 1 power cord you have breaks). I have found that the low cost replacement chargers that you find in Greece sometimes do not work well (this is personal experience!) :)

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

This is a GREAT point to mention!

I always try to have at least 2 plugs for each device (including adapters and a EU travel power strip). The worst case thing to happen is you get to a small Greek island, you run out of battery on your phone and then can't find (or the 1 power cord you have breaks). I have found that the low cost replacement chargers that you find in Greece sometimes do not work well (this is personal experience!) :)
I have had the same experience, mine always break. Better to invest in a good one and hopefully you won't lose it LOL

k_tsoukalas

Not every device you have will accept an adapter. You need to make sure that your device is rated for the voltage in Greece (220v) for the adapter plug to work. For example, hair dryers, curling irons, etc from the US may not be rated for 220v, which means that you should leave them at home. To safely use these on Greek plugs, you'd need a transformer and those are expensive, big, and heavy. Most electronic devices, like your phone or computer, are rated for the voltage in Europe, so you can bring those and safely use a Greek wall outlet. Trying to plug something in that isn't rated for European voltage could cause the device to short out, which would ruin the device, maybe take down the power in the building, and possibly even start a fire.

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

What are some Greek work from home tips?

I’ve been considering being a traveling nomad ever since my company switched to being fully remote. I would love to do this in Greece, but I am a bit skeptical since I have never visited for more than two weeks. Has anyone from abroad started living in Greece during the pandemic? Or do any Greeks have advice on what transitioning my life and work would be like? I live in Australia at the moment but have little to tie me down here. Thank you everyone

Paros is Santorinis cheaper cousin!

In my opinion, Paros offers everything that Santorini does but it's so much more affordable and not full of tourists. I highly recommend that you visit and enjoy the stunning blue and white architecture and relaxing beaches. Here are some of the sites that you should visit in Paros

- Naoussa
- Kolymbithres Beach
- Parikia
- Lageri Beach

New Tourism campaign!

Similar to my story from the early 90s..... Greece gave me my life back, healed me,rejuvenated me, made me worthy of carrying on and rebuilding my future and the rest is a very long love story♥️♥️.....I think the readers here feel what I contribute and share here!❤️❤️

Milos island is becoming more popular than ever!

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter