1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Vangelis

I just love Exarcheia and these videos give a great insight into its unique and colourful nature.

acamp7

I just love Exarcheia and these videos give a great insight into its unique and colourful nature.

It's very nice to see the lesser shown part of Athens and Greece. The country has such a strong political history and the people have always been involved and pushing for their rights, from Ottoman times to today. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Reactions: Vangelis

Good Beaches to Visit Near Athens?

I am trying to plan a girl's trip to Greece and am fleeing out the details. We'd be flying in from the United States on the East Coast, as I am from Baltimore. So, it seems that we need to fly into Athens. Although Athens isn't planned to be our full vacation - we plan to head to one of the islands - I am thinking we should spend a few days in the city. That being said, we'd do all the usuals - see the historical sites like the Parthenon and all that. I was thinking we might want some beach time when we are in Athens to get us started. I heard there are some beaches nearby? Are any of them worth spending time at? We are looking for a beach with a bit of a scene - like an outdoor beach but maybe a nightclub nearby?

The real life of Athens is here’ – hidden gems beyond and beneath the Acropolis | Athens holidays |

Has Anyone Watched a Game in Opap Arena?

I am a huge sports fan but have never watched a football game at Opap Arena. I am trying to figure out if I should take in a game next time I am in Greece. From what I understand, the Arena is in the Athens area? Here's the link:

Any recommendations you have would be great. In particular, I see from the website that there is a restaurant there. Is it any good, or should I plan to eat somewhere else?

Great Athens Restaurants for Dining

I love the restaurants in Athens - they're just so amazing. The chefs in the city do a great job giving a variety of foods from Greek cuisine, from the old to the new. I found this link with a nice list of nine restaurants that I plan to try. What do you guys thing? Have you been to any of these?

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube