1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Jerry s

Reactions: Hash and nadellii
Reactions: Hash
Anyone contemplating going to Mykonos read this before you go:

We all know Mykonos is expensive but this is a scam of giant proportions.

Just read a few jaw dropping reviews....and sadly no one has the power to do anything about this..

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!

Sightseeing Priorities in Mykonos

I will be in Mykonos for about 6-7 days but some of that will be taken up with a wedding and the related festivities.

I estimate I might have 4 full days to sightsee that don't involve the wedding. This isn't a lot of time. I will get at least one beach day, and I would like to get to know the island - its history, culture, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prioritize?

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

Mykonos: Nammos Suspended!

Events unfolding rapidly in crackdowns after many years of irregular activities.I don't agree with the Police patrolling the narrow streets of Mykonos for noise levels from the bars in the video which I saw yesterday, felt quite saddened when at this time of the year it is so very nice to browse around Matoyianni with all the lovely shops and boutiques instead of 6-8 police walking up and down these beautiful narrow streets!... They begin to take away sound systems from the bars!

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back