1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Jerry s

Reactions: Hash and nadellii
Reactions: Hash
Anyone contemplating going to Mykonos read this before you go:

We all know Mykonos is expensive but this is a scam of giant proportions.

Just read a few jaw dropping reviews....and sadly no one has the power to do anything about this..

Sightseeing Priorities in Mykonos

I will be in Mykonos for about 6-7 days but some of that will be taken up with a wedding and the related festivities.

I estimate I might have 4 full days to sightsee that don't involve the wedding. This isn't a lot of time. I will get at least one beach day, and I would like to get to know the island - its history, culture, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prioritize?

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

Taking a quick boat ride in Mykonos

Does anyone know the best way to take a quick boat ride when in Mykonos? I usually just walk around the shore and find someone (they usually bring their boats to a spot) but the last time I did that, I didn't like the boat! So I want to plan things in advance this time around. I plan to go to Mykonos soon.

The last boat had a glass bottom, and it freaked me out - I don't want to do that again.

Also, I am interested in Scuba diving but I know that is a bit more complicated to arrange than a boat ride. I might have to wait until I get there?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back