1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

IMG-a09ad3bb6c9ee078da985a86a521fc2c-V.jpgScreenshot_2022-04-24-07-13-34-756_com.viber.voip.jpgIMG-0e0d846119778af10444d641da83f2b9-V.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: francescool

francescool

Reactions: Hash

This Greek Evzone was made in the USA!

This makes me so proud and happy to see that people are connecting with their heritage from miles away and willingly doing the military service to serve their country. Bravo to the soldier and those that are like him. I can't wait to go to Athens again and visit the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Did you know about the Greek New Years tradition of hanging onions on doors?

In Greece, there are many different New Year's traditions and some of them vary by location and the specific culture of the region. Most of them bring good luck and health for the new year, especially this onion tradition. Across all of Greece, families will hang a yellow onion on their door as a symbol of good luck. They will usually do this after the church service on New Year's Day. While not all families do this, you may see it next time you visit Greece in January, look out for it!

What are your favorite wedding favors?

Traditional Greek weddings usually give wedding favors called koufeta, which are traditional chocolate candies. Nowadays, many people will skip the koufeta and have additional and more modern favors. I have seen small pots of honey or a small bottle of ouzo, which I thought was really nice. What are some Greek wedding favors that you have seen and that you have liked?

What is the process of having a political wedding in Greece?

I'm not sure if I'm going to be having a wedding in a church, so I am wondering what the process is of having a political or non-religious wedding in Greece. I know that the reception will be a classic reception, but is there someone who can officiate a wedding regardless of religion? And is this done for people who don't live in Greece?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter