1 - 2 of 2 Posts

acamp7

I would love to see your Santorini photos. I want to visit but am hesitant because of what I have head about the crowds. I would love to visit this church, too!

santorini-greece.jpg

crammia

Try May! We went end of May - and it was busy but not crazy. Very warm and able to swim (water was chilly but refreshing!)
Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.36.31 PM.png

What to do in Kythira?

I am trying to find some interesting places in Greece to visit. I see that Kythira is close to the Peloponnese, and I am intrigued and might want to visit. I am trying to figure out some things to do there so I can determine how long to stay. Here are some possibilities, but please chime in with suggestions:

* Visit some of the galleries on the island. I heard there are a lot of artists here?
* Go to the beach - I hear there are some gorgeous beaches.
* Would love to visit museums, archaeological sites, that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Great Neighborhoods to Visit in Athens?

I know that Athens is a big city, and I tend to do the same things all the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love what I end up doing in the city. Here is where I visit:

• Plaka - it's touristy, but I love it
  • Monastiraki - I really love the flea market!
  • Syntagma - I like to hang around at the square and poke around
  • Kifisia - I love shopping!
I know there is a ton to do. I want to branch out!

Help Navigating Trip to Mykonos

I can't shake that I want to go to Mykonos soon, but I am nervous because I've heard mixed things about the island. What attracts me to the island is the party scene - but a lot of what goes with the party scene turns me off. I don't know if any of you have advice on how to navigate it. I want to enjoy the parties, but I want to also be able to avoid them here and there to sightsee, relax, etc. So I want a balance. If this isn't the place for that kind of balance, I am open to suggestions.

Share You Santorini Photos...

I would love to see your Santorini photos. I want to visit but am hesitant because of what I have head about the crowds. I would love to visit this church, too!

santorini-greece.jpg

Is this a weird itinerary?

I am going to be in Greece about a month this summer and I keep changing my mind about what I will be doing while in the country. This is my itinerary and I am trying to figure out if I can pull it off without things being stressful. Every single thing on the list exists because I have people to visit. Santorini is on the list because of a wedding... I want to try to do all of it but I am not sure about the Santorini piece of it... but since it is a wedding I think I should just make it work.

Anyway, the destinations are: Athens (I have A LOT of people to visit, I will need like two total weeks here), Corinth (one person to visit), Kythira (no one to visit, I just want to go), Santorini (the wedding).

Is this too disjointed? Appreciate your thoughts.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube