1 - 5 of 5 Posts

judyloveskef

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).

Reactions: Hash

seleanor

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).
What types of travel are you interested in? Nature? Culture? I would normally recommend Platia Valianou and walking along the harbor but I assume you already may know of those places. Other than that I recommend the Cultural Museum and Aracheological museum. Good and easy day trips from Kefalonia include Ithaki (closest), Zakynthos and Lefkada. I hope this helps!

Reactions: Hash

judyloveskef

What types of travel are you interested in? Nature? Culture? I would normally recommend Platia Valianou and walking along the harbor but I assume you already may know of those places. Other than that I recommend the Cultural Museum and Aracheological museum. Good and easy day trips from Kefalonia include Ithaki (closest), Zakynthos and Lefkada. I hope this helps!
Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: Hash and seleanor

seleanor

grandson

Nice post,Thanks for sharing this.For single travelers I recommend to go to Big Island Real Estate.Because it is a peaceful Island and completely suitable for the singles like me.

Have you been to the Monastery of Themata in Kefalonia?

This monastery is one of the oldest landmarks on the island. I was so shocked to find out that it was originally built in 1096. It has been restored over time, of course, but much of the monastery remains in good condition. The name behind the monastery is debated, and its true origin is actually unknown. I've never been, but I have been doing a little bit of research about the monastery and I'm considering a visit when I go to Kefalonia this year. Has anyone on the forum been to the monastery or perhaps the nearby area of Agia Dinati Mountain?

Hiking up Mount Ainos in Kefalonia

This is one of the best hikes you can do on the island, and in the region for sure. It can be a bit difficult for those who aren't experienced, so I do recommend that you hike in a group or with a tour guide. Of course, you don't have to hike all the way up and you can travel part of the way by car. What's important is that you enjoy the views and you do as much as you can. This video showcases the stunning views for anyone who is interested in going.

Ammes beach is one of the best beaches on Kefalonia

Ammes beach is in the Svoronata area which is very close to the airport. Its about 10 km southwest of Argostoli and one of the best beaches on the island! It's a pretty low-key beach with some great organized lounge chairs but as with most beaches in Greece, you can find a public spot where you can swim with ease and free of charge. The beach is super sandy and the waters are very clear. I highly recommend it!

Check out Agia Efimia, Kefalonia

Agia Efimia is a small village on the coast of Kefalonia with amazing beaches and restaurants and hotels. One of the most highly rated restaurants in the village is To Steki, which means "the hangout." The food is so fresh and I highly recommend that you visit after spending some time at the beach :)

Weather in October in kefelonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter