1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Wondering what to do on a one day trip to Thessaloniki? Check out this one day vlog. What would you do if you had one day in Thessaloniki?

k_tsoukalas

There is certainly no shortage of things to do in Thessaloniki. This is a great lineup of a day's itinerary, but it can also be stretched out into a period of several days, plus you can see some other things. In general, it's such a cool city to explore! Here are more things to do:

ladytina

Wondering what to do on a one day trip to Thessaloniki? Check out this one day vlog. What would you do if you had one day in Thessaloniki?

This is a great overview of what someone can do in Thessaloniki. I recommend spending more than one day, though! There's so much to see.

Look at this beautiful Thessaloniki sunset

We arrived to our friends house outside of Thessaloniki yesterday and were greeted by this stunning sunset

IMG_2777.jpg

Pictures of Thessaloniki at night!!

Thessaloniki is one of the best cities in the world because its right on the water. I love visiting at night so that I can see the reflection of all of the twinkly lights. I don't mind the cool breeze either. If anyone has more pictures of the city at night I would love to see them!

Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.

Are there any traditional Greek villages near Thessaloniki?

I love the feel of a small village. Is there anything near the city that I can visit?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter