1 - 3 of 3 Posts

acamp7

If you're a wine lover, you must visit Domaine Foivos winery in Kefalonia!! Check it out: http://www.domainefoivos.com/en/ If you've been to any other wineries on the island please let me know I would love to visit and see what the others are like

Reactions: greggd12
If you're a wine lover, you must visit Domaine Foivos winery in Kefalonia!! Check it out: http://www.domainefoivos.com/en/ If you've been to any other wineries on the island please let me know I would love to visit and see what the others are like
It looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Another great winery I've been to on the island is Gentilini Winery https://gentilini.gr

One of my favorite things to do in Greece is visit wineries. This place looks outstanding. Kefalonia is such a gorgeous island with many opportunities like this.

Best way to get from Athens to Kefalonia?

I am booking my transportation for my trip to Kefalonia. I will have to fly into Athens, and I will be spending some time in Athens (haven't decided how long). From there, I would like t travel to Kefalonia. What is the best way? Should I just do the ferry? I also don't mind flying.

The one detail is that I ideally would like to leave from Kefalonia to go home to the United States. Should I plan on staying in Athens again? Logistically, I know this isn't ideal, to need to leave from Kefalonia for home, so maybe I should split my Athens trip up (about two weeks in Athens) to make it easier on myself?

What to do in Kefalonia with family?

I'm currently planning a family trip to the stunning island of Kefalonia and would love your insights. We're a large family and we're all going. My sister has two kids - one is 12 and the other is 9. We are also traveling with my parents.

From our initial research, we know that Kefalonia boasts beautiful beaches, fascinating caves, and picturesque villages. However, we want to ensure our trip is as memorable for our children as it is for us.

Could anyone recommend:
  • Family-friendly beaches with shallow waters and fun activities?
  • Cultural or historical sites that are engaging for children?
  • Places to see wildlife or participate in outdoor adventures suitable for young ones?
  • Any local eateries that are great for families, perhaps with play areas or menus catered to kids?
We're also open to any tips on getting around the island with children, as we're debating between renting a car or relying on public transport.

Thanks!

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?

Making Christopsomo- Christmas Bread

I will be traveling to Greece this Christmas and I want to make some Christopsomo to give to my family when I go. I have never made it and want to run something by you - do these ingredients look right? It looks very similar to tsoureki to me but with a lot of spices. I am also nervous there's too much flour in the recipe.

- 8 cups or so of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of honey

Kefalonia hiking trails information

I've recently ventured into the breathtaking landscapes of Kefalonia, Greece, and I'm excited to share some insights and hopefully gather some from you as well. Kefalonia is not just a paradise for those seeking sun and sea; it's also a haven for hikers looking to explore nature's marvels on foot.

Myrtos Beach to Assos: This trail offers panoramic views of the famous Myrtos Beach, leading you to the quaint village of Assos. The path might be challenging, but the views are incredibly rewarding. The hike is a fantastic way to experience the island’s natural beauty and take in the serene atmosphere of Assos.

Mount Ainos: For those looking to conquer heights, Mount Ainos is the highest peak on the island. The national park offers various trails with different difficulty levels, each leading you through a unique landscape of Kefalonian fir trees and offering stunning views of the Ionian Sea. It's a must for anyone wanting to experience Kefalonia's diverse flora and fauna.

Fiskardo to Dafnoudi Beach: This trail is perfect for a leisurely hike. Starting from the charming harbor of Fiskardo, the path takes you through ancient cypress and olive groves until you reach the secluded beach of Dafnoudi. Here, you can relax in the crystal-clear waters before heading back.

The Italian War Memorial: Located near Argostoli, this trail is not only a nature walk but also a historical journey. The path leads you to a memorial dedicated to the Italian Acqui Division, offering insights into the island’s past and breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.

Ainos to Lourdas Beach: Starting from the slopes of Mount Ainos, this trail will take you through some of the most scenic routes on the island, ending at the beautiful Lourdas Beach. It’s a diverse hike, showcasing all the natural beauty Kefalonia has to offer.

I'm looking to explore more trails in Kefalonia and would love to hear your experiences or any hidden gems you've discovered on the island. Share your stories, tips, and any must-see spots for fellow hikers planning their next adventure in Kefalonia.
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back