1 - 5 of 5 Posts

xmelissaa

Hi guys!! Like i’ve said before, I want to travel to Greece with some girlfriends, and we’re looking to experience some of the best nightlife that Greece has to offer. Would you all recommend Athens or Thessaloniki for nightlife? and Why?

TatianaS

Neither I'd go to the islands haha

Just kidding, you can find Kefi and nightlife in both cities!! In my experience the best bars and night clubs are always the ones closest to the beach!
One thing you can always count on in Greece is the amazing night life!

Reactions: kcixcy

kcixcy

Athens for sure!! Just make sure that you don't go in August… that's when all the locals leave and the city is very empty.

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

I’m from Athens, so i’m a little bit biased I must say. But don’t worry, I’ve done my fair share of partying in Thessaloniki. Both are great, but the vibe is totally different. Athens has more of an artsy and grunge crowd, because of all the university students. There’s also an upscale and touristy crowd, but that’s less fun. Thessaloniki is great, more chill and beachy because of their beach bars and clubs. Athens will give you way more of a city feel, and you won’t feel like you’re in a summer vacation spot.

Iliana

Well it depends on what you are looking for. And there are a lot to think about. If you want to be more carefree I would recommend Thessaloniki where everything is within walking distance. So no worries if you have a drink or two or three.... Thessaloniki's people are more welcoming and know how to party whenever I visit them. On the other hand Athens is a bigger city so it has sth to offer for everyone.. though you must spend a lot on taxis..

What types of things can I see at the Ataturk museum in Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know what type of artifacts are on display at the Ataturk museum? My friend from Thessaloniki said that I have to visit

ataturk museum.jpeg

Does anyone know if the annual festivals in Thessaloniki will be happening this year?

I always look forward to festivals like the Thessaloniki International Fair, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and the International Book Fair. Does anyone know if they'll be happening this year?

Is it worth going on a guided tour of Thessaloniki?

I'm wondering if I should book a guided tour to really get to know the city well and learn about all of the history and culture. Is it worth it? And would you recommend a private tour guide or going in a group? I really want to learn more about the places that I'm visiting and not just walking around aimlessly

Guided tour of the Greek Agora and Roman Forum

This is one of the best things to do while visiting Thessaloniki! Have any of you taken a tour? I definitely want to go again next year

How long does it take to climb up to Meteora?

I'm planning on taking a day trip from Thessaloniki to Meteora but I'm scared I'm going to be exhausted for the drive back. How long does it take to walk up?

Meteora-720x478.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter