blopez34

We have so much to learn from these Greeks

• Love
Reactions: Vangelis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for sharing!

Before we watched the video we had no idea, but know we know Ikaria is it!

Here are a few good resources about the Greek island of Ikaria:

k_tsoukalas

Ikaria is one of the Blue Zones! It's interesting to learn about how they live... for them, longevity is a lifestyle.

Vangelis

Loved that video!

In summary:
Fish (high in omega 3)
Fresh veggies (vitamins/minerals)
Local wine (no preservatives and other chemicals)

And all the food looked sensational! I could almost taste and smell it from the video!

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Loved that video!

In summary:
Fish (high in omega 3)
Fresh veggies (vitamins/minerals)
Local wine (no preservatives and other chemicals)

And all the food looked sensational! I could almost taste and smell it from the video!
The freshest fish possible!! I love eating seafood whenever I’m in Greece

Reactions: Vangelis

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?

Greek Table Etiquette?

I haven't really thought of this, but there is a lot of etiquette for dining in the Greek culture. What do you guys think? It looks like there is a lot to think about:

In particular, the section on doing toasts was fascinating. I noticed that just about at every meal, someone is doing a toast. Do you guys have anything to add?

Greek Wedding Traditions for Weddings in Greece?

I am in research mode. My wedding is next year and I feel like I am behind. I am not Greek or an Orthodox Christian, but I love Greece and the culture. Are there any traditions that it might be fun if I incorporate into the ceremony or the celebrations? I am not sure where to start!

Many Greeks are having their weddings and baptizing their children on the same day

This is becoming more and more popular as people are getting remarried or having children without being married. A few friends of mine have had their weddings and baptizes their children at the same time. It is a new tradition that is gaining popularity, although it is definitely not traditional and some Greek people may frown upon it. Personally, I see no problem in it and I love attending these ceremonies.

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter