1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

We have so much to learn from these Greeks

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much for sharing!

Before we watched the video we had no idea, but know we know Ikaria is it!

Here are a few good resources about the Greek island of Ikaria:

Polling the streets: Who is the most famous Greek?

This is quite interesting

The Greek economy is growing!!

Finally, some good news for the economy of Greece :)

Are there any Greek comic books?

My cousin is a huge comic book nerd and I would love to get him some comic books in Greek. Any recommendations?

5 Greek wedding gifts not on the registry

Time Capsule​

Gift the newlyweds with a time capsule they can fill with memorabilia from their wedding, letters to each other, and dreams they have for their future together.

Gold Jewelry​

Giving gold jewelry to a Greek bride is something that has been done for centuries. Greek Orthodox weddings are steeped in tradition and religion, so gifting the bride with a piece of gold jewelry such as a bracelet or necklace is very thoughtful.

Money​

It’s hard to go wrong with the gift of money. It allows the bride and groom to purchase something they really want or need or even tuck it away for the future.

Personalized Stationary​

If you look at the bride and groom’s wedding invitation, you can get a little sense of their style together. You can parlay that into a beautiful set of stationary for the newlyweds.

I copied these from https://www.greekboston.com/wedding/gifts-not-registry/ :)

How long after being in Greece will it take to learn Greek?

I would love to learn Greek in an immersive way. Im thinking of trying to get a summer job there or spending some time staying with friends. How long do you think it will take to learn a basic understanding of Greek. Has anyone else tried to do this?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter