1 - 4 of 4 Posts

ssherie_

I love taking my little cousins to see the changing of the gaurds in Athens, it's one of my favorite things to do in the city and the kids always get a kick out of it. Anyone else?

vouli.jpg

It is so cool and is a must see for anyone visiting Athens! Best angle for a photo is straight on, advice would be do not try to take a photo on the side angles, when we did that last the police told us to move! LOL

Reactions: ssherie_
It is so cool and is a must see for anyone visiting Athens! Best angle for a photo is straight on, advice would be do not try to take a photo on the side angles, when we did that last the police told us to move! LOL
Eeeek! That's good to know, thanks for the advice!!

This is one of my favorite things to do in Athens. The straight on pictures are the best but you should go well in advance to make sure you claim a good spot where your view will be unobstructed.

Greek Mythology Sites in Athens?

I am visiting Athens and want a feel for where to go that pertains to Greek mythology.Of course, the Acropolis is on my list, but I wish to explore other places related to gods, goddesses, heroes, and their legendary tales as well.

For those of you who have ventured on similar quests or possess knowledge about Greek mythology's physical footprints in Athens, could you recommend:
  1. Must-visit sites that are deeply connected to Greek mythology.
  2. Any lesser-known locations that offer a unique insight into the myths.
  3. Tips for making the most out of these visits (best time to go, how to avoid crowds, etc.).
  4. Any resources (books, guides, websites) that could help deepen my understanding of the myths associated with these sites.
I’m extremely excited about this trip and looking forward to your recommendations and insights! Thanks!

Should you come to Athens in the winter?

I have never been to Greece in winter and I was considering it. I found this video - it was very informative! Thought I'd share:

Best Shopping in Athens

My wife and I are going to Greece in a few days. We both like to shop (her more than me) but we've never actually had enough time in Athens to explore the shopping.

Where should we go?

Someone told us Monastiraki is a good choice, but are there other places? We'll have a few days to poke around.

Visiting the Cycladic Museum

Though I will be in Mykonos for a while when I come to Greece (soon!) I will have some time in Athens.

I will be tied up with wedding festivities on Mykonos, but I will have some time. So, I want to learn about the history and culture of the island. I know there has to be more to it there than all the parties and the beach scene.

I plan to visit the Cycladic Museum in Athens to get ready. Is there anything I should keep in mind while I explore the museum?

Fun Side Trips While Staying in Athens

I've been to Athens. I have done side trips from Athens. Still, I love Rick Steve's work and I found this interesting! He visited some of the places I've seen, but frankly, he made me want to see them again. This was a fun watch!

One of the places I haven't been that he mentioned is Hydra. Such a cool-looking place.

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back