1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Cromptonk

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

#OnKefalonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

#OnKefalonia

It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

S
It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.
Swimming in late October sounds like a dream

Have you tried Mandola? Its Kefalonias most famous sweet

Mandola is a very popular sweet in Kefalonia and it is one of the biggest exports from the island. This treat is made of almond, honey, sugar and egg whites. The dessert has a few different variations, but is usually gluten free! The ingredients are very simple which is why they are so allergen friendly. I was doing some research and apparently these cookies are originally from the Venetian occupation in Kefalonia.

Beautiful live music in Kefalonia

This is not an abnormal site to see in Greece, just a group of friends enjoying themselves and sharing their talents with others. Bravo to these men on the beautiful island of Kefalonia!

A walking tour of Argostoli, Kefalonia 🏖️

Walking around (or even biking) is one of the best leisurely wats to get to a know an island in Greece. That's why I love to visit Greek islands, is because you usually won't miss anything because everything is so quant and small and walkable. If anyone has any advice about the island of Kefalonia, I would love to know. My best tips that I have to visit in Kefalonia are Katovrahes and Melissani cave.

Hiking up Mount Ainos in Kefalonia

This is one of the best hikes you can do on the island, and in the region for sure. It can be a bit difficult for those who aren't experienced, so I do recommend that you hike in a group or with a tour guide. Of course, you don't have to hike all the way up and you can travel part of the way by car. What's important is that you enjoy the views and you do as much as you can. This video showcases the stunning views for anyone who is interested in going.

Visit Foivos winery which is the oldest winery in Greece

According to their website, this winery is either the oldest or one of the oldest wineries in Greece. It is a continuation of the Mantzavino Winery and has now been renamed. They have many different varieties of wine, including red wine, white wine, and rosés. Their website has an excellent list of all of their wines, with a detailed description including where the wines come from and possible food pairings with the wines. Here is their website https://www.domainefoivos.com/en
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter