1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Cromptonk

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.

Reactions: greggd12
S
It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.
Swimming in late October sounds like a dream

Making Christopsomo- Christmas Bread

I will be traveling to Greece this Christmas and I want to make some Christopsomo to give to my family when I go. I have never made it and want to run something by you - do these ingredients look right? It looks very similar to tsoureki to me but with a lot of spices. I am also nervous there's too much flour in the recipe.

- 8 cups or so of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of honey

Best Time to Visit the Sea Turtles in Kefalonia

I am hoping to some day see the sea turtles in Kefalonia and I think next year might be it. I hear they only go at certain times of the year. Does anyone know about this? If I travel in June will I see them? I heard that they also only go to certain beaches? Has anyone here seen them? I am so fascinated by this. I think June might be the best month for me to travel next year and Kefalonia looks like a great place in general.

What to do in Corfu for couples?

My partner and I are planning a romantic getaway to Corfu, Greece, and we're looking for some insider tips on the best experiences for couples. We've heard so much about Corfu's natural beauty and rich history, but we're hoping to tailor our itinerary to include activities that are especially romantic.

We're open to anything, whether it's relaxing on secluded beaches, exploring charming villages, enjoying candlelit dinners with stunning views, or embarking on adventurous excursions together. Ideally, we'd love to find a balance between leisurely, romantic moments and exciting adventures that we can share as a couple.

If you were us, what would you do while on the island?

Traveling to Kefalonia in the Summer

Now that the holidays are behind me, I am starting to think about traveling to Greece in 2023. I want to visit a place I never have before, and I am thinking that Kefalonia might be a great place to explore. I would like to be on the island during when the sea turtles are on the beaches laying there eggs - I always loved wildlife and it seems fascinating. How long in the season? It is maybe a month? If so, would it make sense to visit in June?

So, I want to go to Greece in the summer so I can spend a lot of time on the beach. I know, I can go throughout the summer and into at least the early fall and still have great beach weather, but June works out the best for my schedule and I love taking a vacation around that time.

Besides the turtles and beaches, what else do you guys recommend?

Always wanted to see the turtles in Kefalonia...

I have a bucket list of going to Kefalonia while the turtles are on the beaches. I love turtles and this seems like a really beautiful thing.

I found this video that talks about them. It's not quite seeing them in person, but it was informative. Thought I'd share:

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back