1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Cromptonk

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.

Reactions: greggd12
S
It can be variable and certainly cooler in the evening even on a sunny day - cardigan or fleece rather than just a tee shirt. Last year we were swimming in the sea on 31st October but then a week later we were having constant rain. It is a beautiful time of year to visit and explore the island.

The other consideration at that time of year is where you stay as some more tourist oriented parts will be near to closing for the season.
Swimming in late October sounds like a dream

Caves and Lake in Kephalonia

I saw some photos of the caves in Kephalonia and there's a lake near one of them, too. I think the cave is called Drograti and the lake is Melissani. I got the impression they were close to each other? Are they?

I would love to visit both - seems like such a natural and beautiful place. I don't want it to be busy when I go - what is a good time of year to visit? Do you have any tips?

Best way to get from Athens to Kefalonia?

I am booking my transportation for my trip to Kefalonia. I will have to fly into Athens, and I will be spending some time in Athens (haven't decided how long). From there, I would like t travel to Kefalonia. What is the best way? Should I just do the ferry? I also don't mind flying.

The one detail is that I ideally would like to leave from Kefalonia to go home to the United States. Should I plan on staying in Athens again? Logistically, I know this isn't ideal, to need to leave from Kefalonia for home, so maybe I should split my Athens trip up (about two weeks in Athens) to make it easier on myself?

Travel to Kefalonia in May?

I plan to go to Greece at the end of April leading up to Orthodox Easter, which is at the beginning of May.

I will spend Holy Week and Easter near Athens.

Then, I would love to visit another place. I am considering Kefalonia. Is early May a good time of year to go to Kefalonia?

What to do in Faskardo Village on Kefalonia

I visited this village once maybe eight years ago and I want to go back. I have some notes about the things to do there. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Did I miss anything? I want to take my family there because I found the place to be really beautiful.

• Stroll the Waterfront Promenade: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the picturesque harbor with its array of colorful fishing boats and yachts.
  • Explore Historical Venetian Architecture: Take in the charming Venetian-style buildings that survived the 1953 earthquake, giving Fiskardo its unique character.
  • Relax at Foki Beach: Spend a day sunbathing and swimming in the serene bay of Foki, surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees.
  • Join a Boat Tour: Embark on a boat excursion to discover remote beaches, hidden coves, and the stunning coastline around Fiskardo.
  • Visit the Fiskardo Nautical and Environmental Museum: Learn about the maritime history and natural environment of the region through engaging exhibits.
  • Hike to the Lighthouse: Follow the scenic trails leading out of Fiskardo to the iconic lighthouse and enjoy panoramic views of the sea.
What did I miss? Anyone have any restaurants to recommend?

Best beaches in Kefalonia for families?

I'm in the process of planning what I hope to be an unforgettable family vacation to the beautiful island of Kefalonia. With its stunning landscapes and inviting sea, I can't think of a better place to spend quality time with the family.

However, as we all know, not all beaches are created equal, especially when it comes to finding spots that are both beautiful and suitable for families. Factors like gentle waves, shallow waters, accessibility, and nearby facilities (such as restrooms and places to eat) can make all the difference in ensuring a stress-free and enjoyable day at the beach for both parents and kids.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations you might have for beaches that fit this bill. Our family loves a mix of adventures and relaxation, so suggestions for beaches with a bit of both would be fantastic. Are there any particular spots that have captured your heart due to their beauty, safety, and family-friendly amenities?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back