1 - 3 of 3 Posts

paharo45

My cousin is getting married and she wants to implement some older traditions into her wedding. I'm helping her plan it so I'm doing a little bit of research. Do you have any tips?

dimi_pat

One tradition is that the wife steps on the husbands foot at the altar! It's supposed to signify that the woman isn't scared of the husband when the preist when he says "the wife should fear the husband"

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
A traditional Greek weddign dance is the Syrtaki! Make sure the dj/band plays a nice traditional one so everyone can join in

Can I use natural dye to dye red Easter eggs?

I've been trying to avoid toxins and chemicals these days. Has anyone used natural dyes to dye their eggs? Or even tried dyeing eggs with beet juice? Would it end up looking like the picture below or would it come out like a lighter pink?

redeggs.jpg

Apparently some Greek festivals might be happening this year!

How are you spending your holy week?

Today is megali deftera aka holy monday! What is everyone doing to get into the spirit of holy week?

Why is Greek Easter on a different day every year?

I've always wondered this....does anyone know?

What is your favorite Greek nursery rhyme?

I love to sing nursery rhymes to my younger cousins but the only ones I remember from my childhood are O Barba Brillos!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter