1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I absolutely love rooftops!! And I've heard Athens has the absolute best :) do you have any recommendations?

Here are a few rooftop bars that I have heard of from what I remember last time I was in Athens:

- President Hotel roof top bar
- Roof Garden Snack Bar (Plaka Hotel)
- Safestay Athens

These are a few that I can think, have fun in Athens!

Reactions: nadellii
I have been to Greek House Attikos (GH Attikos) many times. The food is excellent and the view is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: nadellii
I recommend Hotel Novotel in Athens!! Can't be beat

I have been to Greek House Attikos (GH Attikos) many times. The food is excellent and the view is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I second this one! Also, the Thea Terrace Bar is beautiful and has some great views of the Acropolis.

Fun Side Trips While Staying in Athens

I've been to Athens. I have done side trips from Athens. Still, I love Rick Steve's work and I found this interesting! He visited some of the places I've seen, but frankly, he made me want to see them again. This was a fun watch!

One of the places I haven't been that he mentioned is Hydra. Such a cool-looking place.

Taking the Ferry to Mykonos?

I am planning a trip for Greece next year to Greece. I usually fly into Athens and then fly into a place like Santorini or Mykonos from there.

I plan to go to Mykonos next summer and I am kind of sick of flying.

Is the ferry situation easy from Piraeus? Is this a better option than airplanes?

Someone told me I could wait until the last minute and buy the tickets that day, but I am not sure I feel comfortable with that...

This is what Athens looks like today!!

Athens air unhealthy as my friends informed me!

What I love about visiting Athens

I am planning another trip to Greece and plan to go to Athens. I have been so many times! I thought I would share with you what I love about it.

• The Acropolis: Standing majestically above the city, the Acropolis is an iconic symbol of ancient Greece. The Parthenon, Erechtheion, and Temple of Athena Nike are awe-inspiring examples of classical architecture.
  • Plaka District: Wandering through the narrow streets of Plaka feels like stepping back in time. This charming neighborhood is filled with neoclassical buildings, quaint cafes, and souvenir shops.
  • Sunset at Lycabettus Hill: Watching the sunset from Lycabettus Hill offers panoramic views of the city and the Aegean Sea. It's a magical experience, especially when accompanied by live music at the hilltop chapel.
  • Monastiraki Flea Market: Bargain hunting at Monastiraki Flea Market is a must-do in Athens. You can find everything from antiques and handmade crafts to clothing and jewelry.
  • Street Art in Exarchia: The Exarchia neighborhood is known for its vibrant street art scene. Exploring its graffiti-covered streets is like visiting an open-air art gallery filled with political statements and creative expressions.
To those of you who have been to Athens, what do you love about it? I am looking for ideas!

athens-greece.jpg

Should you come to Athens in the winter?

I have never been to Greece in winter and I was considering it. I found this video - it was very informative! Thought I'd share:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back