1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I've been doing some more research on Greek mythology and I was wondering what the different ages are? And how do they differ?

Last edited:

francescool

The different ages of Greek mythology are sort of like a storyline. They define what was going on at the time between the guards and the major relationships between the characters.

The different ages of Greek mythology are sort of like a storyline. They define what was going on at the time between the guards and the major relationships between the characters.
Yes, that's right! There are five ages: gold, silver, bronze, heroic, and iron age. I don't know too much about what each of the main specifically, besides that the heroic age was about heroes like Hercules for example.

Reactions: Jules

Did everyone in Ancient Greece wear togas?

What is the history of the toga and did everyone wear them?

togas.jpg

Dido, the queen of Greek mythology!

Dido is lesser known but she is a super important figure in Greek mythology. She is the Queen of Ancient Carthage and she is said to have died for love. She is also known as Elissa or Alyssa and was the founder and first queen of Carthage. Carthage was a Phoenician city-state located in what is now Tunisia. The name Dido may come from the same root as David, which means “beloved.” Another theory is that the name Dido means “the wanderer.”

dido.jpg

Did you know about Nemesis? The Greek goddess of revenge

Nemesis sounds so interesting! And I assume that's where the name "arch nemesis" comes from. Nemesis is responsible for enacting retribution against those who show arrogance towards the gods or others. She is depicted as having a sword and scales in her hands...creepy!

nemesis.jpg

What was Agamemnons role in the Trojan war?

The Trojan war was the greatest war in classical mythology! But what role did Agamenon play in it? Does anyone know?

trojanwar.jpg

What are the best mythological Greek names?

Kind of a funny question, but i'm adopting a dog this year and I really want to name him after a powerful Greek god. Any ideas?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter