1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Any wine recommendations for Santorini? I’ll be visiting soon and I want to see what all the hype is about and get a taste of the wines from the source!! Any winery tips would also be appreciated!

Stratos Morfis

For me Best wine of Santorini is Assyrtiko.
One of the Best wineries in the island is Boutari

redsoxdw_

For me Best wine of Santorini is Assyrtiko.
One of the Best wineries in the island is Boutari
I'll have to visit Boutari on my next trip! Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Stratos Morfis

dubai_suzie

I'm not a huge wine drinker myself but my husband loves Santorini wines, especially the white ones. I believe those are the most popular from the island. When we went a few years ago, we were able to visit a few wineries and do some taste testings. It was so worth it and I highly recommend going to visit a winery, especially if you want to see the whole process and learn about the ones that you're drinking.

redsoxdw_

The best Santorini wines are (in my opinion) Vinsanto and Assyrtiko. The Assyrtiko is so popular that I can even find it on my local liquor store. It tastes amazing with fish too!! Check it out for sure.

Reactions: Stratos Morfis
The most common santorini varieties are assyrtiko and nuxteri.18 wineries in Santorini provide a huge variety of options.Sigalas- xatzidakis and venetsanos wineries are some of the best.Also make sure you try the visanto variety which can only be found in Santorini.(sweet wine)

Visit the Symposium Cultural Center in Santorini

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

https://www.symposionsantorini.com

The best foods to try while in Santorini

Santorini is a great place for foodies and those seeking to have the best gastronomic and culinary experiences in Greece. Santorini has very unique dishes that you won't find in other areas of Greece and the Cyclades. Some of my favorites are fava, domatokeftedes, kopania, and chloritiri cheese. You may not find all of these at every single restaurant, but it's definitely worth seeking them out while you're here.

Stunning Santorini wedding at Le Ciel Santorini

Santorini has become one of the most popular destinations for weddings for so many years now. This wedding is absolutely stunning and the view is what makes it! Le Ciel Santorini is one of the most luxurious hotels on the island, and is located in the northern part (not too far from Oia). It is a common destination for weddings and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting married in Greece.

Where to explore the history of Santorini

Santorini has such a deep and rich history that definitely should be explored on your next trip to the island. The Ancient Byzantine Castle is one of the best places to start your exploration of the history of the island. The Byzantine Empire played one of the most influential roles in the culture in history of ancient Greece. The empire was led by Christian rulers, who spread the Greek orthodox religion throughout the country. You can also visit the Akrotiri Archaeological Site which shows ruins from the bronze age, dating back to 1600 BC. Safe travels!

These are the top two foods to try in Santorini!

Santorini has some of the best sunsets, but also some of the best food! The island has so many fantastic restaurants, many of which are taking a modern twist on traditional Greek cuisine. Two of the must try foods that are local dishes in Santorini are domatokeftedes (tomato fritters) and fava. Here are pictures of both dishes!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter