1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Any wine recommendations for Santorini? I’ll be visiting soon and I want to see what all the hype is about and get a taste of the wines from the source!! Any winery tips would also be appreciated!

Stratos Morfis

For me Best wine of Santorini is Assyrtiko.
One of the Best wineries in the island is Boutari

redsoxdw_

For me Best wine of Santorini is Assyrtiko.
One of the Best wineries in the island is Boutari
I'll have to visit Boutari on my next trip! Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Stratos Morfis
I'm not a huge wine drinker myself but my husband loves Santorini wines, especially the white ones. I believe those are the most popular from the island. When we went a few years ago, we were able to visit a few wineries and do some taste testings. It was so worth it and I highly recommend going to visit a winery, especially if you want to see the whole process and learn about the ones that you're drinking.

redsoxdw_

The best Santorini wines are (in my opinion) Vinsanto and Assyrtiko. The Assyrtiko is so popular that I can even find it on my local liquor store. It tastes amazing with fish too!! Check it out for sure.

Reactions: Stratos Morfis
The most common santorini varieties are assyrtiko and nuxteri.18 wineries in Santorini provide a huge variety of options.Sigalas- xatzidakis and venetsanos wineries are some of the best.Also make sure you try the visanto variety which can only be found in Santorini.(sweet wine)

What is the best museum in Santorini?

Has anyone been to any museums in Santorini? The architecture of this museum I visited is so great, I visited a few years back but I can't remember the name. I'd love to visit more when I go back.

santorini-museums-768x512.jpg

Where is the best place to watch the sunset in Santorini?

Are there any hidden spots I can hike to so I can catch a view like this?

OiaSunset-720x478.jpg

Is Santorini getting too expensive?

I remember visiting back in the day and Santorini was pretty affordable, especially if you weren't planing on shopping and eating at fancy restaurants all day. But I was looking at hotel prices and they're skyrocketing! I was a fool to think that they'd be cheaper because of the pandemic. I guess everyone is jumping all at once to get a booking in before the summer starts. Any thoughts?

How to get from Athens to Santorini?

What is the best way to travel from Athens to Santorini? Boat? Plane? Or something in between?

What is local Santorini culture like?

I've been to Santorini before (here's a beautiful picture from my trip), and I loved it but I'm curious as to what the traditional culture of the island is like. Does anyone know?

santo 2.png

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter