1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I personally don't love okra, but when its cooked right it can be so tasty! For reference to those of you who haven't tried it, its a vegetable that has a slimy texture and is cooked in a red sauce, which is mainly the reason people don't like it.

Bamies-Me-Saltsa-Okra-with-Tomatoes.jpg

ellinasgolfer0320

I wouldn't touch them like that (I generally don't like okra), but my wife bakes them in a tomato sauce with chicken... It's pretty good!

Pickled okra is really good btw, and they have a crunch to them when you pickle them.

efhernandez_

Im not a huge fan, Ive only tried fried okra (American version)

Hash

I wouldn't touch them like that (I generally don't like okra), but my wife bakes them in a tomato sauce with chicken... It's pretty good!

Pickled okra is really good btw, and they have a crunch to them when you pickle them.
We eat them raw here in Thailand!!😀🤗..Bamies.... Greek style Yummmmmmy!..... Being mostly vegetarian these dishes are a big treat!

Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

If you prepare them properly they aren't slimy

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Hash

Very beneficial for intestinal clearance and detoxification, for sure.......mum used to make a lot in Nairobi, Kenya where I was born... Kalley Mera from Thailand.

Is it possible to use ground pork or lamb for Greek ground beef recipes?

Im not a huge fan of ground beef sometimes and I like to switch up the types of protein that I use. Has anyone tried making pastitsio or gemista with pork or lamb for example? How was it?

What to add to your melitzanosalata to spice it up

There are many things you can add to your Melitzanosalata to spice things up. Here are a few suggestions: crushed walnuts, roasted red peppers, spicy peppers, pomegranate seeds, tahini, crispy eggplant skin, crispy fried onions, green onions for garnishing. All of these will upgrade a classic dip :)

Melitzanosalata-Eggplant-Salad-Recipe-720x480.jpg

Pictures of the beautiful Mykonos

Mykonos is such a beautiful island, don't take it for granted just because it sometimes gets a bad reputation!! Post your Mykonos pics so we can see the true Mykonos
Mykonos-720x480.jpg

This Greek chestnut salad is perfect for winter!

Who knew chestnuts could be made into a salad!! I love making this during the winter months :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
  • 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
  • 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped sage
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • Lettuce leaves, for serving
  • Lemon wedges, to garnish
The recipe is super simple, all you do is mix the roasted chestnuts with the rest of the ingredients and you're all set!! Enjoy

Kastana-Salata-720x480.jpg

Greek fries are the best for a get together!

I like to buy frozen fries and make these at home in the oven by sprinkling some feta on top!!! So easy and too good :)

greek-fries-768x512.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter