1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Does anyone know what type of artifacts are on display at the Ataturk museum? My friend from Thessaloniki said that I have to visit

ataturk museum.jpeg

Reactions: mastichas09
The museum is in downtown Thessaloniki as in your picture. It features a replica of Ataturk's home and tries to show how he lived. It's quite a small museum and not a very traditional type of museum like the ones that house art pieces or historical artifacts

Who is Thessaloniki named after?

What is the root of this city's beautiful name? I love it :) Greetings from Melbourne

thessaloniki.jpeg

Does anyone know if the annual festivals in Thessaloniki will be happening this year?

I always look forward to festivals like the Thessaloniki International Fair, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and the International Book Fair. Does anyone know if they'll be happening this year?

Lesser known fact: Thessaloniki has some of the best street art!

You would think that Athens- a city covered in graffiti would be the best place for street art in Greece but I was so surprised with how beautiful the street art is in Thessaloniki! I really admire the artists there, and I must visit again soon. Filia!

Visiting The Church of Panagia Halkeon (Our Lady of the Coppersmiths) in Thessaloniki

This church is a must see when you're visiting!! The exterior of the church is made of brick only, which was likely expensive and why the church is known as the Red Church. Inside the main church are scenes of the Nativity, Adoration of the Magi, Pentecost, and Hypapante. These wall paintings are considered very important.

church-of-panagia-halkeon-720x466.jpg

Church of Hosios David (Thessaloniki) has some of the best icons

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter