1 - 17 of 17 Posts

ssherie_

Hey everyone! What are some of your Mykonos traveling experiences? When is the best time to go?

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting!

Best time to go to Mykonos would be May/June and September/October. The fall has still great weather and much less of the party people! :)

Mykonos-2-720x480.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ssherie_

ssherie_

It really depends on what you're looking to do. The best time for partying would be July and August! But I'm assuming that's also the most expensive time..eeeek!

Reactions: nickstamoulis

panatha

panatha

panatha

myconos is great dont take m wrong but its overpriced and with out a car its a junkle

ssherie_

myconos is great dont take m wrong but its overpriced and with out a car its a junkle
yeah i've heard its super overpriced (I found a good deal online). it sucks that actual Greeks can't afford to visit the island

panatha

panatha

i worked as a tour guide i saw the greed .its a different country they have their way of doing things i feel sorry about all the youngsters working for nothing

Reactions: kcixcy and toniiv

kcixcy

i worked as a tour guide i saw the greed .its a different country they have their way of doing things i feel sorry about all the youngsters working for nothing
It's truly a shame....any tips from your tour guide days though?

panatha

It's truly a shame....any tips from your tour guide days though?
hi there of course give m more specifics of your journey and i will give u the dos and donts

Reactions: kcixcy

kcixcy

hi there of course give m more specifics of your journey and i will give u the dos and donts
do you recommend getting travel packages with pre set activities and tour guides? or exploring the island on your own? thanks so much!! it's so nice to hear form someone who knows the island well

panatha

do you recommend getting travel packages with pre set activities and tour guides? or exploring the island on your own? thanks so much!! it's so nice to hear form someone who knows the island well
best way is to explore the island on ur own the only pkg i would recommend is to visit the island of delis a must see on a tour guide pkg ,use public transportation for the long haul no taxis,lots of walking ,lots of water,stay out from seaside restaurants and beach chairs ,visit the ANO XORA village and the monastery

panatha

visit the windmills area,great sunsets,plus visit the oldest underground bakery great owner a must see not too far way from the wind mills ,lots of grocery store, expensive souvenirs buy them in plaka,athens,how long are u planning to stay there ?

kcixcy

visit the windmills area,great sunsets,plus visit the oldest underground bakery great owner a must see not too far way from the wind mills ,lots of grocery store, expensive souvenirs buy them in plaka,athens,how long are u planning to stay there ?
wow this is amazing advice, thank you so much!! I'm planning on staying for 1.5 weeks so this is plenty to do

panatha

sounds great its ANO MERA NOT ANO XORA sorry my bad if u r going to rent a car make it thru ur hotel where r u staying not in the town too much noise lots and lots of bars

panatha

best beach ELIA means olive or KALAFATIS make sure u bring ur own snacks and drinks nothing worth around unless u have a hefty wallet lol

We want to party in Mykonos but we don’t know where to go

Hey everyone like I've mentioned in other forums my friends and I are taking a girls trip to Greece, and we really want to live it up. None of us have ever been and we're looking to have the most fun possible and that’s why we’re headed to Mykonos. Where are the best places to party?

I only have 24 hours in Mykonos! What should I do?

I'm traveling on a budget this summer, but I thought Mykonos is a must see especially since I'm single and in my 20s. I only have 24 hours to see this beautiful island, what do you all recommend?

Best instagram worthy spots in Mykonos?

Hi!! I'm trying to find the places in Mykonos with the best views and photoshoot opportunities. I love taking pictures when traveling, and I want to capture the beauty of Mykonos. Do you know of any churches, old buildings, or cliffs that are great for pictures? Here's an example of a photo I took on the mainland a while back. Thanks!

mainland.jpg

How can I get to Filerimos Monastery?

Has anyone been to the monastery before? Is it difficult to get to?

Filerimos-Monastery-Rhodes-720x480.jpg

Do I have to love partying to go to Mykonos?

I know that Mykonos is known for its wild parties and excessive drinking… but I'm really a low-key traveler and I just want to visit an island with beautiful beaches and a great vibe. Is there anyway that I can have fun in Mykonos without getting hammered?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter