1 - 20 of 20 Posts

ssherie_

Hey everyone! What are some of your Mykonos traveling experiences? When is the best time to go?

Reactions: Hash
Thanks for posting!

Best time to go to Mykonos would be May/June and September/October. The fall has still great weather and much less of the party people! :)

Mykonos-2-720x480.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Hash and ssherie_
It really depends on what you're looking to do. The best time for partying would be July and August! But I'm assuming that's also the most expensive time..eeeek!

myconos is great dont take m wrong but its overpriced and with out a car its a junkle

myconos is great dont take m wrong but its overpriced and with out a car its a junkle
yeah i've heard its super overpriced (I found a good deal online). it sucks that actual Greeks can't afford to visit the island

i worked as a tour guide i saw the greed .its a different country they have their way of doing things i feel sorry about all the youngsters working for nothing

Reactions: kcixcy and toniiv
i worked as a tour guide i saw the greed .its a different country they have their way of doing things i feel sorry about all the youngsters working for nothing
It's truly a shame....any tips from your tour guide days though?

It's truly a shame....any tips from your tour guide days though?
hi there of course give m more specifics of your journey and i will give u the dos and donts

Reactions: kcixcy
hi there of course give m more specifics of your journey and i will give u the dos and donts
do you recommend getting travel packages with pre set activities and tour guides? or exploring the island on your own? thanks so much!! it's so nice to hear form someone who knows the island well

do you recommend getting travel packages with pre set activities and tour guides? or exploring the island on your own? thanks so much!! it's so nice to hear form someone who knows the island well
best way is to explore the island on ur own the only pkg i would recommend is to visit the island of delis a must see on a tour guide pkg ,use public transportation for the long haul no taxis,lots of walking ,lots of water,stay out from seaside restaurants and beach chairs ,visit the ANO XORA village and the monastery

visit the windmills area,great sunsets,plus visit the oldest underground bakery great owner a must see not too far way from the wind mills ,lots of grocery store, expensive souvenirs buy them in plaka,athens,how long are u planning to stay there ?

visit the windmills area,great sunsets,plus visit the oldest underground bakery great owner a must see not too far way from the wind mills ,lots of grocery store, expensive souvenirs buy them in plaka,athens,how long are u planning to stay there ?
wow this is amazing advice, thank you so much!! I'm planning on staying for 1.5 weeks so this is plenty to do

sounds great its ANO MERA NOT ANO XORA sorry my bad if u r going to rent a car make it thru ur hotel where r u staying not in the town too much noise lots and lots of bars

Reactions: dimi_pat
best beach ELIA means olive or KALAFATIS make sure u bring ur own snacks and drinks nothing worth around unless u have a hefty wallet lol

Good advice ❤️.....I lived in Kalafatis,Mykonos Greece for 25 years and worked in Tourism industry.....

best beach ELIA means olive or KALAFATIS make sure u bring ur own snacks and drinks nothing worth around unless u have a hefty wallet lol
Hi there u r absolutely right on it

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back