1 - 5 of 5 Posts

dubai_suzie

I've always loved these shoes. I've been told they're called tsokara but I'm not sure what they're called in English. They're a woman's sandal made of a hard wood material and with a strip going along the top. Does anyone know where I can find this online?

They look exactly like this picture below but usually I thought they'd be cheaper

k_tsoukalas

These shoes are so comfortable and popular! Classic Dr Scholls are so good for the feet, too. I can usually find them online...

Reactions: ssherie_
I've always thought it was strange to call the sandals that women wear "tsokara" when the word "tsokaro" is a slur used for women... (tsokara is the plural of word tsokaro)

Reactions: ssherie_
I've always thought it was strange to call the sandals that women wear "tsokara" when the word "tsokaro" is a slur used for women... (tsokara is the plural of word tsokaro)
I've never heard of this slur... that's very weird

Looking at where to buy Greek jewelry?

I love Greek jewelry!! These are some of my top sites that I like to shop and browse from

These are the 5 Greek traditional dances you need to know

-Syrtaki
-Zeibbekiko
-Kalamatiano
-Tsifteteli
-Hasapiko

Drop any more in the thread!

Learn Greek vocab words about the workplace!

Here are a few Greek words to get you by when you're talking about work!

Τι δουλειά κάνεις; Ti thoulya kanees; What do you do for a living?
είμαι … eemai … I am

• Doctor – ο γιατρός – o yatros
  • Dentist – ο οδοντίατρος – o othondyatros
  • Electrician – οηλεκτρολόγος – o oilektrologos
  • Engineer – ο μηχανικός – o mihanikos
  • Farmer – ο αγρότης – o agrotis
  • Hairdresser – ο κομμωτής – o kommitis
  • Lawyer – ο δικηγόρος – o thikigoros
  • Pharmacist – η φαρμακοποιός – o farmakopyos
  • Plumber – ο υδραυλικός – o uthraulikos
  • Salesperson – ηΠωλητής – I politis
  • Teacher – οδάσκαλος – o thaskalos

Meet Greeces Olympic team!

Zito Hellas!

What are the best souvenirs to get a man from Greece?

My guy friend isn't really a foodie, so I don't want to get him honey or spices like I usually get my friends. Is there something I could get a guy that he would really like from Greece? He's not into soccer either, so I wouldn't think to get him a Greek soccer jersey.
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter