1 - 4 of 4 Posts

redsoxdw_

I am thinking of moving my family to Corfu for when I retire. It's one of the possibilities, anyway. I thought it would be a good idea to visit next year, though, before I commit to anything. I really want to get a new overview of the island and its culture. Do you guys have any suggestions about what I should see and do?

These are the must-see landmarks:
1. Church of St. Spyridon, Patron of the island with his incorruptible body
2. Museum of Asian Art (unique!)
3. Museum of Antivouniotissa (excellent post-Byzantine artworks!) https://www.antivouniotissamuseum.gr/en
4. The Old Fortress
5. The Orthodox Metropolitan Church of Panagia Spilaiotissa, St. Blaise and St. Theodora, the Byzantine Empress who restored the veneration of the holy icons in 843 and whose incorruptible body is kept in the interior
6. The Roman Catholic Duomo
7. The Archaeological Museum
8. The Achillion Palace

Last edited:
3. Museum of Antivouniotissa (excellent post-Byzantine artworks!) https://www.antivouniotissamuseum.gr/en
4. The Old Fortress
5. The Orthodox Metropolitan Church of Panagia Spilaiotissa, St. Blaise and St. Theodora, the Byzantine Empress who restored the veneration of the holy icons in 843 and whose incorruptible body is kept in the interior
8. The Achillion Palace
This is an excellent list! Thank you for posting it. I might also be visiting Corfu soon so this list will come in handy. I love visiting Archaeological Museums in Greece. They each have their own qualities and are great places to learn. I like to stop in when I find them. :)

4. The Old Fortress
8. The Achillion Palace
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! I can't wait to visit some of these places.

Religious Sites to See on Corfu

There are a lot of churches and monasteries in Corfu and when I visit, I won't have a lot of time. What should be my priorities?

I am intrigued by the relics of Saint Spyridon but am having trouble finding where they are on the island. Is it simply called, the Shrine of Saint Spyridon?

I would love to visit some other churches and monasteries if possible. Any information you have will be good!

Spend the day at Corfu Old Town?

Can you spend an entire day just exploring Corfu Old Town? I'm planning my itinerary for a trip to the gorgeous island of Corfu, and from what I've seen, the Old Town looks like a mosaic of historical and cultural influences with Venetian, French, and British vibes.

Has anyone here spent a day (or more) solely in the old part of the city? How was your experience? Are there enough sights, cafes, shops, and hidden gems to keep one entertained for the full day? I'm looking to soak up as much of the local atmosphere as possible without rushing through.

I am curious what you guys think and any advice you may have. Thanks!

Video Tour of Corfu

When I am about to visit a destination, I like to watch video content.

It has been a while since I have been to Corfu. I kept trying to go, but it keeps falling through.

Ignore the several-minutes long plug for a product! That part I know was necessary because they were a sponsor.

Once you get through that the content is good!

Kanoni and Mouse Island - Advice Needed

I’m currently planning a trip to Corfu, and I’ve been intrigued by the pictures and mentions of Kanoni and the iconic Mouse Island (Pontikonisi). The views look absolutely mesmerizing, and it seems like a must-visit spot. However, I’d love to get some firsthand insights and advice from anyone who has visited or has local knowledge of the area.

However, I've heard that there's more to Kanoni and Mouse Island than just the views, and I'd love to get some insider tips to make the most of my visit. I'm reaching out to this community because I believe firsthand experiences are far more valuable than any guidebook. If anyone has been, can you guide me on how to get the most of my time there?

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back