1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Im planning on visiting the whole island, so which is the best airport to fly into? Does it just depend on where I want to start my trip?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
The 2 bigger airports on the island of Crete, Greece are Heraklion International Airport and Chania International Airport. There is a smaller, regional airport in Sitia Crete as well.

To answer your question it depends if you are coming in from another Greek island or international then I would stick with the more main larger airports.

k_tsoukalas

I would personally fly into Heraklion because there is a lot to do in that area. You can always make your way to Chania later on the trip. Since Heraklion is the larger airport, there ear more options for flights.

How to explore Crete on horseback

This looks so amazing to me, I will definitely try this if I go to Crete anytime soon

Alica Ѕchmidt, the sexiest athlete in the world is in the Greek island of Crete

Beautiful Toplou Monastery in Crete is totally worth visiting

I swear Greece is one of the only places where visiting monasteries is like a must do! Toplou monastery is so stunning and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see some less touristy sites in Greece!

Toplou-Monastery-Crete-768x512.jpg

Samaria Gorge in Crete has dazzled me

This has to be one of the most beautiful places in Greece for sure!! Who has been here?? :)

Hike-Samaria-Gorge-720x480.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter