1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nadellii

My family and I were driving yesterday and just needed to stop on the off beaten path to admire the sun that was just about to set. Sometimes the best entertainment is right in front of you. 460C58D0-C5C2-47CF-A96E-41B973F05128.jpeg

Reactions: Nala

k_tsoukalas

Agreed! These moments are precious. The photo looks great!

kosta_karapinotis

One of the best sunsets I have watched on Crete was at the Venetian Harbor in Chania. I didn't take a photo but it was memorable. I was out walking around after grabbing a bite to eat. I recommend spending some time at this spot at sunset!

A beautiful sunset in Crete

My family and I were driving yesterday and just needed to stop on the off beaten path to admire the sun that was just about to set. Sometimes the best entertainment is right in front of you. 460C58D0-C5C2-47CF-A96E-41B973F05128.jpeg

Where can I eat Cretan food outside of Crete?

Cretan cuisine is some of the best that I’ve ever tried. I don’t visit the island too often, but I do visit mainland Greece. I have two young kids, and the trip to Athens is already enough for them. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Cretan cuisine in Athens or Attiki specifically, but anywhere else on the mainland would do (Corinth for example). I would love to try out some spots. 😊

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png

Guided Hikes Down the Samarian Gorge?

I am thinking of putting the Samaria Gorge on my Greek Bucket List but I feel like I need more information. In my research, I can see that one should start at the top, hike down, and then allow some time to explore the village at the end and get something to eat, maybe even sit at the beach. So, this seems like an all day thing? It seems totally doable and I am in decent shape, but I am nervous and need more information.

Are there any guided tours that will take me through the process?

Visit Mirambello Bay on your next trip to Crete

Mirambello Bay is rarely talked about and I have no idea why! This spot is absolutely perfect for swimming and lounging. It is actually one of the the biggest bays in all of Europe, and has very calm and clear water. There is an excellent tourist town nearby that is called Agios Nikolaos with many restaurants and shops that have an excellent view of the bay. Check it out next time you visit Crete!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter