1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Hash

Now this makes me reminiscent,as we were the pioneers back in 1998 in formulating the itinerary.We always used to end the tour in a bar watching the sunset, famous pianist playing soft Jazz tunes. ❤️❤️....

Reactions: greggd12
Now this makes me reminiscent,as we were the pioneers back in 1998 in formulating the itinerary.We always used to end the tour in a bar watching the sunset, famous pianist playing soft Jazz tunes. ❤️❤️....
Sounds beautiful. Live music in Greece is so magical, its the best backdrop to a beautiful sunset. Thats one thing that I miss here in the U.S., its pretty hard to find places that have live music and great energy. There is something so special about Greece

Reactions: Hash
Sounds beautiful. Live music in Greece is so magical, its the best backdrop to a beautiful sunset. Thats one thing that I miss here in the U.S., its pretty hard to find places that have live music and great energy. There is something so special about Greece
At my friend's Taverna Vangelis in Ano Mera village,we had live music many times than I can remember, group tours, Cruise Liner passengers.....Oh ...... late .... drinking alcohol all night long into the early mornings, Greek dancing!... Breaking plates... you get the idea! Positive energy, great work ethics!..👌👌....

Reactions: efhernandez_

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg

Getting Around on Mykonos

I was in a Mykonos last year as a cruise stop, and I found trying to figure out how to get around to be very annoying. I couldn't find the bus stops, I didn't know how to buy a ticket, I had a hard time finding a bathroom on the way to the bus stop I finally figured out I needed.

I thought I would do some research. What could I have done differently? I found this video to be very helpful.

What are your opinions about the party scene in Mykonos?

I am traveling to Greece this July with a large group of friends and family and we all have different interests.

Some of the people have never been to Mykonos and are pushing for a longer stay because they want to party.

I did all that when I was younger, and it wasn't the greatest. I loved nightclubs back then, too.

What have been your experiences? I found it to be too hot to party hard. I love to dance, and I couldn't really dance much. The beaches made me feel claustrophobic because there was nowhere to really walk and get away from the loud music!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back