1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This monastery was a royal grant from Byzantine Empress Anna Palaiogos. On the land where the monastery was built, according to legend, the Apostle Paul preached to the Thessalonians in 51 A.D, during his second mission. This is what the monastery looks like, totally worth visiting.

vlatadon-monastery-720x480.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

How long do you recommend to spend in Thessaloniki?

Is a weekend enough? Or should I be spending more time? I don't want to do anything fancy, just the classic sightseeing and eating out. Any advice?

These are the best beaches near Thessaloniki (in my opinion)

These are the top beaches near Thessaloniki in my opinion!! Epanomi is my favorite beach, its super family friendly. Its an organized beach so you don't have to worry about bringing your own stuff. This is something that I struggle with because I don't usually rent a car when Im staying in Thessaloniki.

1. Epanomi
2. Agia Triada
3. Perea Beach
4. Asprovalta

Eating and drinking your way through Thessaloniki!

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

Visit the monument of Alexander the Great in Thessaloniki

Learn about the impact of WWII on Thessaloniki at the War Museum

During World War II, Thessaloniki was faced more damages with over 800 buildings being destroyed and 231 people killed in November 1940 alone when Fascist Italy attempted to take the city. I learned about this rich history at the War Museum in Thessaloniki, which is also located very close to a bunch of other museums in the city like the Museum of Byzantine Culture and The Olympic Museum.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter