1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I’ve seen so many wonderful pictures of Santorini...which have SO MANY amazing churches. Are all of these churches functioning and providing church services? Or are some of them repurposed into other things and they just kept the exterior architecture.

TatianaS

Most of the churches in Greece are open for people to visit and light a candle. They do not all have regular services though, I’m not sure how you could check that.

Reactions: Hash and toniiv

toniiv

Most of the churches in Greece are open for people to visit and light a candle. They do not all have regular services though, I’m not sure how you could check that.
Im not sure either...it's not like you can call the churches. You might be able to check covid regulations online to see if church services are allowed. Im assuming if its legally allowed, most churches will be operating

Reactions: Hash

Lotjeurope

Here in Santorini I read in church that during the tourist season there will be no church services

k_tsoukalas

In the past I have found out about church only by asking natives. Somewhere on the island will usually have a church service, but there aren't enough priests and not all the churches are open. Many of the priests rotate through all the churches.

You should visit the Gyzi megaron Museum in Santorini!

This museum is great because you can learn about the true culture and history of the island. The museum houses great authentic and intricate engravings, local clothing so you can see what people used to dress like, mabs, and a general overview of Santorini history. The artefacts are from the 15th to the 19th century and there are many pictures that show what the island used to look like before it was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

gyzi-megaron1-720x540.jpg

Does Santorini tend to be more windy than other areas of Greece?

I have had it with this global heat!! I can't stand sweating and being so sticky, so Im looking to vacation in a place that's breezy and windy, and I'm hoping that Santorini is a bit cooler than other areas in Greece. Is this true? Or should I be looking elsewhere

Holistic cooking experience in Santorini

I love this concept! Learning about Santorini through food is excellent :) You can get a group of people and eat a private dinner cooked specialized by a chef. Its a full gastronomical experience. I would love to experience it one day

I loved Cape Columbo in Santorini Greece

I can't say enough about how much I loved visiting cape columbo! I love unorganized beaches because im so sick of the music they play at these beaches, I want some peace and quiet! And the water is super warm which is great for the off season. Have any of you been? What did you think?

I heard there are not many taxis in Santorini...what do I do?

How do you get around other than taxi?? Please help!!
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter